Dog-centric Park With Doggy Day Care

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by NotThereYet, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Oregon Ms

Oregon Ms
    Expand Collapse

Disney's Ft. Wilderness is dog friendly with day care kennels and a beautiful dog park. (They also offer pet free loops for those not so pet friendly).

2. eyeball

eyeball
    Expand Collapse

I don't hate dogs (I have one) but...

I personally find dogs in a RV park to be generally a bad experience for everyone but the dogs owner. It only takes one dog in the park left in the RV barking away while it's owner is out seeing the sights to ruin tranquil afternoon for those of us there to relax and unwind...

Just this weekend I was getting all packed up and ready to go, I stepped in pile of %#&* apparently left by one of the 1%'ers. I had to take about 20 minutes to clean my shoes, steps, door mat, ground cover, etc. because of a 1%'er...

It's just a personal observation of mine but it seems that the little dogs are usually the biggest culprits, their owners just let them out in the morning to take a #$%^ under the impression that either no one is watching or that is too small to really make much of a mess... Wrong on both counts.

Why do all the 1%'ers follow me around from campground to campground?

So would I pay more for a "dog friendly" park - No. However I would gladly pay a little extra to stay in a park that had a huge sign that read "NO DOGS OF ANY SIZE, SHAPE OR BREED ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!" The bigger the letters and the brighter the paint the more I would be willing to pay!

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

:lol:
    Welcome aboard Eyeball! You and my DH would bond instantly on this topic. Cannot report the number of times he's 'stepped in it' as we take walks.

His favorite quip as we check out a new park, campground or (of course) resort: "Watch out for the dog poop!"

I jump every time...sigh...