Dog free campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by 72redfirebird, Jun 3, 2022.

1. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I suspect they'll find there's a reason there's so few "No pets" RV parks. Parks with a "No pets" section, yes, but not the entire park.

2. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

If you make that decision you will live with it forever in reviews in the internet. I actually can’t imagine it would save more than a few hundred dollars on your overall insurance costs. But I guess you have quotes that show otherwise.

3. racklefratz

racklefratz
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'll "thought".

We're dog owners, 1 dog, and very well behaved, always on a leash outside, and always picked up after. I wouldn't even consider dumping him somewhere when we travel; he's family - he needs us, and we need him. Obviously, any campground that would prohibit him wouldn't be anywhere we'd stay.

If you're still seriously considering a "pet-free" policy, all I can say is, good luck with that. The percentage of RVers who travel with their fur-babies is quite high.

mdcamping, BankShot, NYDutch and 2 others like this.
  4. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

I would advise against a pet fee. There is a subset of people who feel that if they pay a pet fee they have paid for the park to clean up after those pets. And they also feel payment of a pet fee entitled them and their pets to do whatever they want to do. Things like continuous barking running leash free, leaving pets outside unattended etc. is somehow a right earned by paying that pet fee. Combine that with the customer service backlash against any fees and it becomes a losing proposition.
    Welcome to the world of dealing with the public. It’s reason number one the average park owner sells within seven to ten years. When we owned parks we always joked it was the greatest business there was if only you didn’t have to have customers.

weighit, NYDutch and Paythebill like this.