Duct Taped Sewer Hoses

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by B. Kidd, Jan 20, 2012.

1. B. Kidd

B. Kidd
    Expand Collapse

Duct taped sewer hoses are an extremely temporary solution to a long term problem. Unfortunately, a few RV'ers think duct tape is a viable fix for a leaky hose. Besides your neighbors, the nose you save could be your own. Replace them ASAP when they begin to leak.

Please resume your normal activities.......

2. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

You are absolutely right. I taped a duck to my sewer hose once, and it started to stink in just a couple of days. On top of that all the feathers fell off and made a horrible mess. It was enough to make me swear off taping ducks altogether.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

KOA in New Orleans killed my sewer hose one time with a weed eater, told me I need to buy some Duck Tape to fix it. Run all over the place and could not find any Ducks who had any. Went to Walmart pick up a new hose and KOA picked up the tab on hose. That fixed it. :rolleyes:

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jan 20 2012, 03:54 PM) [snapback]28647[/snapback]

It was enough to make me swear off taping ducks altogether.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Priceless!
    B)

5. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jan 20 2012, 05:54 PM) [snapback]28647[/snapback]

You are absolutely right. I taped a duck to my sewer hose once, and it started to stink in just a couple of days. On top of that all the feathers fell off and made a horrible mess. It was enough to make me swear off taping ducks altogether.

Thanks, I love a good laugh first thing in the morning.

6. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jan 20 2012, 03:54 PM) [snapback]28647[/snapback]

It was enough to make me swear off taping ducks altogether.

Hmmm. After reading that, I guess I'll get rid of that spare duck in the storage bay. Wonder if I could just get the DW to put her finger over the hole while I dump??

7. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

KOA in New Orleans killed my sewer hose one time with a weed eater,

At least you were lucky enough that they fessed up. We lost a couple through the years from weed eaters with no compensation, just denials. That is why, when we are parked for any length of time, we only extend the sewer hose when emptying the tanks. We will make an exception if the hose is raised off the ground with the sloping supports but when that is done we put plastic gutter sections under the hose to help protect it.

Taping them ducks together is no fun at all.

8. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

joez,

Last time for this kid as well. From that day on the only time hose is removed from bay now is to drain the tanks and back in it goes. That day in the park everyone lost a hose if it was out. :rolleyes: