Exciting changes coming!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a great IDEA to me...
    I know if I want noise, and to be woke up in the middle of the night, I will stay at a Flying J truck stop.

2. Paul&Dee

Paul&Dee
    Expand Collapse

I just joined yesterday. When I try to submit a review, I always wind up back at the login screen. I have registered and show as logged in as a user (Paul&Dee).

Is there another way to get to the campground review form?

3. genestoy

genestoy
    Expand Collapse

Paul&Dee,
    You have to log in with your correct username and password. If that info is not correct then you will just get returned to the login screen. :) Are you sure that info is correct? Try logging in and out of the forum also.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Try enabling cookies too. A lot of sites won't work if they are blocked - not sure if that is the case here or not.

5. Mainecoons0

Mainecoons0
    Expand Collapse

Just a comment that this site is fantastic and we never pull out of our driveway without consulting it for every stop along the way. Many thanks to whoever is responsible for it!

Dan & Ann
    1998 Country Coach Allure 36'

6. VolzMI

VolzMI
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for this site. I registered today because I wondered if it's possible to make a clickable map for each state and it sounds like it's in the works.

We are planning our first trip out of Michigan with our 5th Wheel and are heading for Alabama next week. I found several campgrounds from your site to visit. Now, I'm trying to find possibilities during our trip south. So, since I don't know where most of the cities / towns are, that would have been a big help.

Thanks,
    VolzMI

7. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

To the Webmaster:

I've been finding that some campgrounds no longer allow you to have campfires at your own campsite, however, they don't identify this on their website. I know this is a major part of the camping experience for many people and is helpful information to know ahead of time. If you are still looking at making changes to the reviews, perhaps this could be added as a "yes/no" question!

Thanks for keeping this website up and running - I can't imagine planning my trips without it!

8. Phild

Phild
    Expand Collapse

Its very seldom these days that you find people or business's that are willing to be service providers and not charge a fee for service rendered. There is a lot of work and I assume expense involved in building and maintaining a site of this calibre and it is very well done, hats off to you MR/Ms Webmaster I for one value this excellent resource.

Phil

9. Fourwinds

Fourwinds
    Expand Collapse

:blink: This is my first post. And I have yet to pull into the first RV campground, as we have yet to pick up our first RV from a private party.

The inclusion of Canadian camps sounds like an excellent idea. I add my thanks and praise. This appears to be a great site. I look forward to asking a ton of really dumb questions. :unsure:

10. genestoy

genestoy
    Expand Collapse

Fourwinds,
    Welcome to the site! The Canadian campgrounds have already been implemented and can be located in the drop down menu beneath the states on the main page. Have fun camping in your new rv :)

11. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Fourwinds - I am sure you have heard the age old saying "there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers". I personally think this is not an accurate statement as I have heard some pretty dumb questions in my 48 years. However, we look forward to hearing yours, and I am sure no one will consider them dumb. Okay, that's probably not an accurate statement either, but we do look forward to hearing from you. Welcome to the forum.

12. Janjanjan68

Janjanjan68
    Expand Collapse

Boy, do I like the changes on this website!!! Wonderful new look, easier to look and find things. I haven't posted yet, but have to believe that this function is also greatly improved. The map lookup feature is fantastic when one has no idea of the addresses being looked for. Thanks. :D

13. Lucydog

Lucydog
    Expand Collapse

Wow! I have not been by the website lately and what a surprise! It's gorgeous! Great job!!

14. capsfan333

capsfan333
    Expand Collapse

I discovered this site about a month ago and used it while planning our just completed trip. The reviews helped us end up at the correct campgrounds for us and I will use it every time we get ready to take off in the future. Any upgrades to the software will only make a very helpful resorce even more so.

15. Richard and Emily

Richard and Emily
    Expand Collapse

Just discovered and joined this site. We are fulltimers and expect to get good use out of the info and reviews here. It's really helpful to be able to read other's opinions of campgrounds.

16. cherlark

cherlark
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this is a great site and it has helped us more times than I can count. Of course, everyone looks for something different in an rv park or campground. It's unfortunate that photos take up so much disk space, as a picture is definitely worth a thousand words.

17. mtnlvr

mtnlvr
    Expand Collapse

This is my go-to site for planning our trips. I appreciate this website as well as the candid posts from reviewers....... I love to hear every detail !!

18. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

This is a great website. I have done several google searches looking for campground review site and so far this one is by far the easiest to use and most inclusive one I have found. Thanks a bunch. :D

19. Retiree in Waiting

Retiree in Waiting
    Expand Collapse

I just joined today and thought things were already great. I can't wait to see how things could get any better. I found your site from an article in Escapees magazine. I never heard of your site before that. I think its great to hear what others think about certain campgrounds...good or bad. It sure helps in deciding between 2 or 3 in an area or to find out more about a campground in an area that someone has never been to before.

20. nieuwenoord

nieuwenoord
    Expand Collapse

We are from the Netherlands and this spring we are going to make our thirth RV-trip through the United States. Last year we were on the road for 6,5 weeks and we picked every campground by reading the reviews at this website. Thanks, it's wonderful!

We are planning our new trip now and once again we will use this website. I will try to post reviews while we are on our way!