Exciting changes coming!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

bichonpawz,

Welcome to the forum. There's lots of experience here, and the members will be happy to help you get started with your RVing adventures. Just remember to have fun.

TX

2. calif909

calif909
    Expand Collapse

I think you guy by far have the best rv website on the web We would love to see some upgrades. What I would like to see the most would be an add favorites button, so when we see a park we would like to visit in the future we could put it in our favorites list!!

3. ovide desoto

ovide desoto
    Expand Collapse

This is new to me Great site I will do my part.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Well, if the park has a web site, you can put the website of the actual park on your "favorites." Or, whatever "page" of RVparkreviews the park is on, you can bookmark that particular town "page" although you will also have other parks on the same page.

JJ

QUOTE(calif909 @ Jan 24 2009, 11:58 PM) [snapback]14961[/snapback]

I think you guy by far have the best rv website on the web We would love to see some upgrades. What I would like to see the most would be an add favorites button, so when we see a park we would like to visit in the future we could put it in our favorites list!!

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(bichonpawz @ Jan 24 2009, 06:52 PM) [snapback]14956[/snapback]

We are new RV'ers and are looking forward to our travels! Thanks so much for all you do on this site! It has been invaluable in making our plans. Thanks again!!

Welcome to the forum, good to see another New Yorker, we are located on the other side of the state, north of Albany, and 30+ miles from the Vermont border. Again welcome, enjoy....

6. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

Sounds great! Thanks for maintaining such as great site! We do appreciate your efforts!

Suzanne & Brad
    www.campingandtravels.com

7. pilgrim

pilgrim
    Expand Collapse

Of how much interest can a thread be that talks about "exciting changes" coming and it was started in 2004 and today it is 2009???? And, it's on a website that indicates Ohio's governor is one that had been out of office for over two years!!

It all tends to lose a little credibility. I look for updated comments about the cgs. I hope to visit soon - but wonder how outdated some comments are - especially when no comments have been added for a year or two. I've tried keeping my comments up to date and relevant.

Hope some of these outdated comments can be corrected.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Pilgrim,

I'm not sure I understand your complaint. Yes, this thread was started in 2004 when the WM announced upcoming changes. While the 2004 post may now contain outdated information, it was current at the time it was posted. Other posts that followed were also current at the time they were added. If you will notice the last few posts before yours were posted in Jan. and Feb. of 2009. That is pretty current.

Also if there are no new reviews for a particular RV park it is because no one who has stayed there more recently has written a review for it. This site does not have a group of people who go around to every park every year and update the reviews and information. It is unfortunate when the latest reviews for some parks are quite old, but they were current and relevant when they were written. And it is also unfortunate that they will stay as the most current review until someone submits a new one. People just have to look at the post's date (which is listed) and then use the information accordingly.

As for the governor of Ohio, I have no idea how often this informationn is updated or who does it, but if it is worth listing, it should be current. Listing the governor from 2004 is not appropriate in this case.

9. thezafts

thezafts
    Expand Collapse

Another "attaboy" for a great website! I certainly have learned to rely on your site this past year. I would add my request for Mexican campgrounds someday. There are not that many and there is little reliable information on them. Thanks again! George :)

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

thezafts, are you asking for Mexico parks to be added? If so they already are. Just click on the Mexico map on the home page and the towns will come up just like the US map.

11. TonyC

TonyC
    Expand Collapse

This posting still appears as NEW and it is dated 2004, and today its Feb. 2009....hmm, progress is slow in some parts.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

It appears as new because of the last post's date, not the 1st post.

13. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

SUGGESTION!!!!

How about adding a CHECK BOX next to the "WiFi" option. Check the box if the Wifi is fee based, no check if it is free/included in the park fees.

14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This sounds like a good idea, but I'd suggest listing it this way:

YES

$

NO

The $ would indicate "YES for an additional cost".

15. silverjack

silverjack
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(biggoomba @ Aug 2 2005, 01:30 PM) [snapback]2454[/snapback]

Hello,

I thought I would add a little feature request. You should consider a user gallery in which users could post some pictures of the campground they review and then allow them to link to the pictures in the review.

Its the whole 'Picture is worht 1000 words' type o thing. People like different things in a CG and sometimes looking at a photo would help a lot in the description.

I would like to see pictures to get an idea how far apart the campsites are from each other.

Just a suggestion. I always take lots of pictures of the camp grounds I go to because I had always intended to write a review of all the camp sites I visit and put them on line.

I agree, please post pictures of the rv parks. Thanks!!

16. river lady

river lady
    Expand Collapse

Would there be any way to categorize and/or differentiate parks such as actual resorts, nice destination parks, parks great for a month and short term parks? I have a problem actually rating the different parks. There are some great overnight or short term parks but would not be ideal for extended stays. So many park tack on the word "resort" and some don't even come close to being a resort. Just a thought.

17. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

That's more of a "judgement call." What is great to one is horrible to another.

JJ

18. towgunner1

towgunner1
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the upgrade. Looking forward to seeing it. I'll be using this site more frequently as my pop up grows into a hybrid. :D

19. Gingerbred

Gingerbred
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(silverjack @ Aug 16 2009, 07:45 PM) [snapback]18366[/snapback]

I agree, please post pictures of the rv parks. Thanks!!

Me too! I would love a few pics of the CGs people report on. I always take a few pics of the places we camp and would be more than willing to share them. :)

20. Cable Guy

Cable Guy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(biggoomba @ Aug 2 2005, 02:30 PM) [snapback]2454[/snapback]

Hello,

I thought I would add a little feature request. You should consider a user gallery in which users could post some pictures of the campground they review and then allow them to link to the pictures in the review.

Its the whole 'Picture is worht 1000 words' type o thing. People like different things in a CG and sometimes looking at a photo would help a lot in the description.

I would like to see pictures to get an idea how far apart the campsites are from each other.

Just a suggestion. I always take lots of pictures of the camp grounds I go to because I had always intended to write a review of all the camp sites I visit and put them on line.