First time RVer

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by David Cockrill, Jan 25, 2024.

Tags:
  1. David Cockrill

David Cockrill
    Expand Collapse

I would appreciate folks weighing in as to my plan to pull my new 2021 Grand Design Imagine with a 2020 Expedition Max XLT with heavy duty tow package, 3.5L Ecoboost V6. Am I good here ? First trip heading from Maryville Tn to Orlando.

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that trailer can weigh as much as 6400 lbs, seems like a lot of weight for your Expedition, but not looking a tthe exact spec's of that tow vehilce I would hold off say yes or no. Back when i was towing a trailer I bought a Hensley hitch to help me feel better towing a trailer that weighed almost the same as my tow SUV. it helped a lot.

3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I did a quick google search, and what i found looks like your vehicle can haul up to 9300 lbs, or 9200 lbs if the vehicle is a 4X4. The weight of the trailer (dry weight) is around 6500lbs so you should be good. Keep in mind, this does not include anything you may put in/on the trailer including water, clothes, food, ect.

Once loaded for the trip, you may want to stop by a truck stop and weigh your setup to verify you're not overweight on the trailer and also not overweight on the entire setup (gcvw).