First time towing/ trip time

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by stylishRV, Jul 2, 2023.

1. stylishRV

stylishRV
    Expand Collapse

we have a class c Thor motorcoach and we are dolling along our ford ecosport for the first time. Our average trip time at 55 mph says 6.5 hours. We are headed to Mount Magazine in Arkansas from Missouri. We are trying to decide how much pulling our car will change our speed average for time. The first part of the trip is all highway and the very last part of the trip is all up to the mountain with windy roads. Looking for advice on adjusting our trip time with towing.

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Can't believe it will change anything, your towing a car that will maybe slow you some around the winding roads, but whatever speed the Class C is moving so is the towed car? I would say no change.

3. Robert Schroeder

Robert Schroeder
    Expand Collapse

Unless you're absolutely concerned about minutes, I wouldn't worry about it. Dropping 20 miles per hour on a long trip for say, 10 miles will make no appreciable difference in time.
    Just like people driving 80 miles an hour instead of 75. In a 10 hour day it equals out to 50 miles. You can lose that much time for a fuel stop. Or, at least, I have .

weighit likes this.