Friends, Please Review Public Campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Janjanjan68, Apr 30, 2006.

1. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Janjanjan68 @ Apr 30 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]4054[/snapback]

We love this website and use it to select sites whenever possible. I also faithfully post a review on every single park we stay at, even if there are already a lot of reviews. My greatest frustration is how few state and federal parks actually have reviews. I don't know if this is just because folks don't take the time to post, whether they're intimidated by the process of adding a new campground and possibly creating a duplicate listing, or whatever. But, I implore you, please review the campgrounds you visit! I'm finding that the national forest campgrounds are particularly underrepresented. Maybe because some of them aren't RV friendly? I know a lot of you love national forests as much as I do, so please post your opinions. There are other campground review websites which seem to get more public campgrounds reviewed as a percentage, but there's not a one which gets the traffic that this site does.

Great Post!!!

We like those "camping experiences" as well. I'm new at this but I'll get the ones I've stayed in up as quick as I can!

2. parkhopper

parkhopper
    Expand Collapse

In my experience, the National Forest Service and State Campgrounds are what my family enjoys most. You get a feeling of being in nature with the tree covered sites and wildlife. Most of these parks have sites that are well spaced. They only drawback is that they don't have full hookups.
    The privately owned RV parks have all of the creature comforts but lack the natural feel of being in the woods and "camping". They also tend to have the smallest sites.
    Please send in more reviews on State and National Forest Service campgrounds!

3. KRVer

KRVer
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(hominy @ May 8 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]4153[/snapback]

There are lots of reviews of public campgrounds on CampgroundReport.com which is one of the reasons I prefer that site to rvparkreviews.

CampgroundReport is a good resource, but I find RVParkReviews much easier and quicker to navigate. So... yes, I am hoping to see more SP, NP, and even regional park reviews here.

This year, we have been doing more and more short weekend trips to State Parks and foregoing hookups in exchange for a slightly more laid back experience with increased "elbow room". B)

4. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ May 8 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]4152[/snapback]

The worst nights that I have spent RVing have been either a National Forest or a truck stop. We go to National Forest and NP. Most of the NF that we have stayed at, though limited as they maybe, draw a bunch of drunks who want to party till 3 in the morning. I real don't need this in my retirement.
    You can stay at a private CG and still enjoy the NP & NF. Right now we are staying at Lake Mead NRA, in the full hook up section. It is run by a concession and patrolled at night. Very quite.

Drunks who want to party 'til 3am are not exclusive to NP's and SP's. I think that anytime you get large groups of tenters (not judging just the fact) who don't have any other distractions once the sun goes down, you get a clash of what people are going to the park for. Many campers are there to have fun around the campfire. Others are very happy in their RV watching TV. Neither is "better" they're just different. I've been in plenty of RV parks where I've gotten to know my neighbors on an intimate basis whether I wanted to or not.