Gear Selector HELP!

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by TJ Ledbetter, Dec 27, 2023.

1. TJ Ledbetter

TJ Ledbetter
    Expand Collapse

I have a 1996 Safari Ivory Edition Motorhome, 38 feet.

My gear selector box isn’t working. I either need a new one or a place to reprogram this one.

I haven’t been able to locate one or find a place that repairs them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Terry Ledbetter

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum. It would be of great help if you would specify where you live. Living in California it would be senseless of me to recommend a shop in say Sacramento. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on the forum who will able to jump in here with some suggestions on where to take your coach to for the needed repair. So let us know where you hang your hat and those suggestions will undoubtedly start arriving,.........:)

Happy New Year, BankShot.........(aka Terry)
    PS: I believe you are the first Terry I've communicated with on the forum for several or more years...

Paythebill likes this.
  3. TJ Ledbetter

TJ Ledbetter
    Expand Collapse

I live in Lemoore, California. Thirty miles south of Fresno and 80 miles north of Bakersfield. I would sure appreciate any help you have. Thank you.

4. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

How about checking for a mobile semi mechanic? They are really able to adapt bad situations into getting a trucker back mobile. Don't think a rv mobile guy is what you need, but that or maybe a local mobile general tech might be worth a try.

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse