Getting The Pet To The Vet When You Don't Have A Toad

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Jun 18, 2008.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BBear @ Aug 5 2008, 12:01 AM) [snapback]12620[/snapback]

Glad you both liked it...I thought is was so cute!

Hope kitty is doing better, JJ!

Kitty is going to have surgery this morning to "re-route" his "plumbing." (IF YOU ARE A MAN AND YOU ARE READING THIS, I SUGGEST YOU STOP READING AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC!) Basically, they will shorten kitty's urethra to the part where it's wider, and to do that, they have to "re-route" his "plumbing." I have been told that he will "go to the bathroom like a female cat instead of a male cat." Ouch! :eek: I hate to have to do that, but he's at that point. I'm not sure how long his recovery time will be. Vet says I should be able to make an RV trip in September, like I wanted. However, I don't think I should do the Pennsylvania trip that I wanted. I will take a shorter trip where I can just 'park and stay' instead of ten days or so of driving, stay, then ten days of driving home. This has nothing to do with gas prices, it is more about "less stress on kitty."

JJ

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

JJ,

I'm wishing you and Kitty all the best luck, and I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

3. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

jj, hope everything went well with your kitty's surgery!!

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Vet said surgery went really well. Vet also said that kitty had so much scar tissue from the blockage in June that he almost didn't have much to work with. I am picking kitty up today. The vet let me "visit" yesterday and kitty looked like he was in less pain than before the surgery but that could have been due to being on drugs or something. Vet said kitty will have a "sore behind" for awhile, and I have to use newspaper litter for awhile, but should be ok by the weekend.

Bad enough I had kitty neutered when he was a baby, and now the rest of his "maleness" is gone, all to help him go to the bathroom with no pain. I hope kitty forgives me for this........... I hope it's not too long before I can at least go on a short RV trip with kitty.

I wanted to take a short trip next week for something I have done every year. The vet said "if the trip was important to me, go ahead and go and take kitty, but if I didn't have to go on the trip, stay home." Oh well, I guess I will stay home and let furball heal up.

JJ

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I know you will be disappointed about not going on your trip, but I'm sure Kitty will appreciate the rest. Glad he is doing better.

6. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 6 2008, 10:29 AM) [snapback]12644[/snapback]

I know you will be disappointed about not going on your trip, but I'm sure Kitty will appreciate the rest. Glad he is doing better.

I picked kitty up today. He looks like he feels SO MUCH BETTER. He is bouncing around, can't even believe he had MAJOR SURGERY other than his "shaved rear end." I'm trying to give him all the love I can, after all, poor kitty has no "dignity" left. He's a fighter, and he has "fought" anesthesia before by basically trying to "refuse to succumb," but vet said he "went along just fine" on this one.

JJ

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know.

8. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Aug 6 2008, 03:43 PM) [snapback]12646[/snapback]

I picked kitty up today. He looks like he feels SO MUCH BETTER...

Oh JJ...so pleased to hear this after reading of your / kitty's trials and tribulations. Halleluya! :D

9. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear the surgery went well and kitty is doing better.

10. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

JJ, glad to hear the great news about kitty!!!