" House Batteries "

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by BankShot, Jul 24, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I have used Interstate batteries for years and have never had a problem with them. We needed to replace the two 6 volt house batteries in our coach and when I told the guy to just go ahead and use Interstate. He told me he didn't stock Interstate batteries any more due to them being made now in China and that he had several come back to him over the past few months with problems. He highly recommended Trojan, a brand I've heard of but never used. I went with them after doing some research to find them highly regarded and rated for RV usage. Just curious if anyone else on the forum uses them and if so what your thoughts are on them. I feel okay about making the change to the Trojan brand and they are made in the good old U.S. of A. but as is everything made here, they are not cheap. Thanks in advance for any input any of you care to give...........

Regard, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

PS: We be pulling in the anchor early Monday morning and heading north to Winchester Bay, Oregon for some ocean air and some good seafood. Oh, and of course a few jugs-o-the grape to wash it down with...... :D

Paythebill likes this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Interstate does not make any batteries, they're just a marketing and distribution company. The last I knew, most of their batteries are made by Exide and Johnson Controls with most made in the US except for those sold in the south from Louisiana to California that are usually made in Mexico. If there's no country sticker on the batteries, they're made in the US.

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the info Dutch, I was unaware of what you stated and was just gooing off of what the guy at the RV shop told me. Next time I stop by there I will ask him where he got his information from regarding Interstate batteries being made in China. He's a local reputable RV guy and I wonder why he would say this, unless he's just decided not to carry Interstate any longer and of course would be pushing another brand to keep his battery sales going, etc. No big deal, I know Trojan makes a very good and well known deep cycle 6 volt battery and I am not disappointed that I bought that brand. I certainly don't expect any less out of Trojan than I've had with Interstate in the past.............

Regards, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Maybe he heard it from the Trojan salesman... :D

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

What ever you buy just DON'T buy Costco. I bought a set just over a year and a half ago. One lasted just over a year and the others were weak. No guarantee after a year!!! I did some checking and bought NAPA (to replace the Costco) just 'cause that's what came with the coach and they were five years old and still holding when I changed them with the Costcos.

Darrell.

Paythebill likes this.
  6. hammerlocke

hammerlocke
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the insights.

Paythebill likes this.
  7. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Bankshot, I would have no concerns installing the trojan brand of 6 volt deep cycle battery. I have used them in the past for our golf cart. They lasted for years. Good solid investment.

8. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Sorry everyone did not pay attention to the date of the topic. Realize now it was an old thread started back in July.

BankShot likes this.
  9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Not a problem Ron. You can jump in at anytime even if you don't pay attention to the post dates...:p
    By the way, thanks for the vote of confidence on Trojan batteries. So far so good and several RVers I've talked with about them also gave them a thumbs up. Love the rusty red color of them too....:D

All the best, Terry...............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.