How Much Does A Smaller Rv (21ft Or Smaller) Run?

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by sandis2014, Mar 23, 2014.

1. sandis2014

sandis2014
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    I'm very new at this RV, trailer, tiny house idea. I'm considering of taking a year off and live on a RV/trailer/small house along the south or even to Texas, New Mexico. I only need a small RV/trailer that fits 2 people... How much do I expect to spend for one that has the basics (bath/shower, etc)?

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I don't know a lot about specific prices but I do know they can vary greatly from brand to brand. You could also look at some used ones for a good deal. I do know that if you plan on living in one full time you will probably want more space than you think right now. Two people can accumulate lots of stuff without even realizing it and they can also get in each others way and on their nerves. We manage a campground and have seen people in large motorhomes find it difficult to manage because of space and nerves. I'm sorry I can't help more with your original question but wanted to give you some things to ponder while looking for something to purchase. Good luck!

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

With 2 people having the ability to be in separate areas makes things much better. Even the best of marriages need a little privacy. Doesn't have to be spacious, but just a place when folks can be separate to read a book or whatever. We spent 3 1/2 months in our first 29 foot RV and it started getting a little close. Not too much difference in initial price either as there are not too many of the smaller ones out there for sale.

4. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

You may save up to 50% of the cost by buying a quality used Rv in good condition. Five years and under is one of the criteria I use when shopping around.

Be prepared to spend a long time looking. Look for ANY water damage. If there is, walk away.

I'd prefer 26 to 27 feet for great driveability.

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what your needs are exactly, but if you look at older rigs (like previously suggested), i think you will find something that will fit your needs where you can be comfortable. I look at Craigslist all the time, and there are older motor homes and trailers from the late 1980s and 1990s that you can get for around $3000.00-$5000.00. This would be a good way to start, since you are still learning to see if you like this RV lifestyle. If you do like it, you can always trade up later.

6. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

The best thing to do is get out and go look at some at RV Dealers. That way you can see what you like and don't like and how much one you like will cost.