How Much Would You Pay?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by abbygolden, Dec 13, 2008.

1. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Dec 16 2008, 01:06 AM) [snapback]14496[/snapback]

Western,

Thanks for pointing out my error. I guess when I went over your list my mind was looking for words like salaries or payroll. How "Labor" did not click in my head as the same thing, I don't know. It is not as if I've never heard of or used the word labor as a synonym of salaries or payroll.

I appreciate how much "inside" informoration you have given. At the risk of being somewhat redundant, I think a lot of customers think owners are raking in somewhere in the range of 20 to 50% net profit on every site they rent. Your figures show that is not the usual situation. In the example I gave in my last post, I think those owners were close to the 50% net profit. I do believe that kind of profit margin to be the exception.

Jerry, I think you are probably right about the 20 to 50% profit margin range if the campground doesn't take land costs (interest, principal reduction, Property taxes, capital improvements etc) into account and included other income (store sales, laundry, extra fees, commissions on tours etc) into the site revenue.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(westernrvparkowner @ Dec 15 2008, 05:07 PM) [snapback]14488[/snapback]

We didn't charge a cancel fee for the night they couldn't arrive. Since there was no practical way around this road closure and it was a very local event, we chose to not impose a cancel fee and we refunded those deposits. We did charge a fee for those who chose to cancel additional days. We are usually VERY INFLEXIBLE regarding our cancellation policies.

Thank you for answering my question. :D This tells me that despite the "inflexible" cancellation policy you say you have, that you do have some ethics. Thank you!

JJ

3. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

that would depend on where i wanted to go or do. i'm not a full timer. i go on vacations. that said. i probably pay more to go to a spot i like.
    i have been to 1000 is in a state park and payed $ 18 .00 for a full hook up minus cable. then another $11.00 for a boat slip. the area is beautiful.
    then i have been to md and payed $75.00 for a night, with cable. that included a boat slip and free use of the water park. take away $19 per person for the waterpark per day and $23 a day for the boat slip that $75 isn't that bad to be on the water with your boat right behind you. i could stay back off the water and my site fee would be less, but i would have a trailer right on top of me and pay for a boat slip too.
    my seasonal park charges $42 a night and $29 just for a tent site. thats high. the reason being they must make the make the money on the weekends in the summer. the seasonal rates are $2800 a year which is not bad.
    i guess what i'm saying is, depending on your own preference and situation, that would reflect on how much you wanted to pay for a site.