HOW TRUE IS THE REVIEW?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by 8lugnuts, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jmo @ Oct 1 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]5187[/snapback]
    I couldn't disagree more with comments on long term members better than new members. Its the quality of the writer comments not the quantity. We don't travel that much as yet but I know how to write a review. I just looked at a cg yesterday with one totally awful review and several other very good ones and all in close time period. We are anxious to try it. Camping is an adventure ;)

jmo

I am so sorry that you seem to have taken offense with one of the posts in this thread. I truly do not believe it was his intention to cause that reaction. I read it as him saying he would probably trust a seasoned rv'er's take on a campground more as they would have seen MANY more campgrounds and have a greater idea of what RV'ers are looking for in a campground. When we first bought our motorhome, I really had no idea about looking for things such as a clear egress and ingress, clear pathways for satellite, etc. and those are the things that some of the guys who have been doing this for a long time have taught me. I don't think he meant that that "old-timers" are better than new members - just that they have a little more knowledge of what to look for. :D

2. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

Personally I look at all of the reviews as a whole when looking for a campground. I just meant that it I might lend a lttile more weight to a member who has done more reviews because it could show his/her experience. I am a new member and would not want anybody to discount one of my reviews just because of that but I wouldn't blame them for giving more weight to a review done by long term member who might have a lot more experience then I have. I also have to agree with jmo about the quality of the review. It wouldn't matter to me if someone wrote 100 reviews if all they said was "it is a good campsite" or "it is a bad campsite". If they didn't give good reasons I probably wouldn't pay any attention to the review