Howdy from NW Georgia

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by GaTripsters, Jan 9, 2017.

1. GaTripsters

GaTripsters
    Expand Collapse

I've been lurking a bit and just wanted to say hello. Thanks to my Navy son and daughter-in-law having our first grandchild, we wanted the ability to visit them but have our own space. Since they are stationed over 800 miles away, we'd also like to be able to spend some time when we visit, but not wear our our welcome. We also have a highly co-dependent pooch with fear aggression issues so we cannot leave him with anyone. For this fact alone, the RV has proven invaluable. In October, we spent two weeks in my son's driveway awaiting the arrival of the grandbaby and quickly realized that the RV was DEFINITELY the way to go. We love it!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of RV parks that are located near waterfalls. I love to hike up to falls and thought we could incorporate the RV into these trips.

Another question... does anyone have any experience with rear hitch RV Motorcycle carriers?

Thanks y'all. Stay safe on the roads.

2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the grandchild. I think those are the good kind of kids that you can sugar up and send home to the parents.

I don't know of a specific list of campgrounds near waterfalls. I can suggest camping along skyline drive in Shenandoah National Park. There are lots of waterfall hikes in the park, some very close to some of the campgrounds (there are four).

Cunningham Falls State Park in Maryland has a campground and some excellent hiking, including to, well, Cunningham Falls.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard!

If your willing to adventure up to the northeast in NY there's Watkins Glen & Letchworth State Park.

Both state parks were awarded the top 10 state parks in the USA. We were at Watkins glen last year and Letchworth is on our bucket list, I understand Letchworth has some fantastic falls too.

Mike

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I don't know of a list like you are asking for either, so you might have to go about this backwards. Do a Google search for "scenic waterfalls" and you might even want to add a state to the search, for example "scenic waterfalls virginia." Also check out states visitors bureau websites They should contain information about scenic waterfalls in that state. Then once you have picked an area with lots of waterfalls that you want to see, use our site to find RV parks in that area.

5. GaTripsters

GaTripsters
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Cyclonic. Funny thing about sugaring up grandkids and sending them home. I'm the clean eater and my son and his wife and the junk food eaters, so in my case, it will be the opposite. The grandbaby is almost three months old now, so it will be a while, but I will probably be the one giving her healthy food so she can survive her parents! :eek: ha ha.

Those parks sound awesome! Thank you. I'm starting a list and I greatly appreciate your input.

6. GaTripsters

GaTripsters
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Mike. My son is stationed at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey, so that would work perfectly the next time we venture up to visit them. Thanks again!

7. GaTripsters

GaTripsters
    Expand Collapse

Great idea!! Thanks!