Insurance for new trailer

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by BIGERN&CO, Dec 11, 2023.

1. BIGERN&CO

BIGERN&CO
    Expand Collapse

This has probably been asked many times before but I have no clue on what may be the best way to go and am asking for some help
    Dealer tried/ offered me Worry Free protection from USA travel care, seems really pricy. I also reached out to Wholesale Warranty who offered the Viking Plan which seemed less costly for what I would say is comparable coverage.
    Any other companies I should check on and details I should ask about?
    Thank you for your time, Ern

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I have owned a bunch of various rv's, only 2 were new. But the sales folks were really trying hard to convince us to buy an extended warranty. I too at the time asked folks what was the best way to go and so many suggested to pass on spending that money but to invest or put into a savings account that amount and withdraw as you need some unexpected repair. There others who swear that having a policy is the life saver they needed,,but those expensive policies to me are always finding ways to not have to pay. Best of luck on your decision.

Fitzjohnfan likes this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

i will agree with the previous comment. These extended warrenties are a roll of the dice in the companies favor.

1) when buying a new unit, you have a manufactures warrenty that should cover all defects out the door.
    2) after the manufacturers warrenty expires is when this extended warrenty comes into play, but how many things will they blame on not keeping up with routine maintenance, and how many things will be easier to just fix yourself on the road or at home, rather than taking it to a repair facility and wait weeks for it to be fixed.

i hear so many people complain about items not being covered, and/or shoddy repairs, that i believe you would come out ahead putting the $$ in a saving account for repairs.

weighit likes this.
  4. BIGERN&CO

BIGERN&CO
    Expand Collapse

Thanks once again for your opinions/ help. I have decided to decline the packages offered and have my fingers crossed it was the right decision.