Just Curious

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by JackHammr', Aug 11, 2009.

1. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

coacbcps , I find your remark about hubby slanderous , are you trying to say yours dont stink :blink:

all yawl say the same thing about us , aint fair , cant be true :unsure:

2. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jan-n-john @ Sep 12 2009, 07:01 PM) [snapback]18867[/snapback]

Well, everybody's different. We RV mostly because we (especially the Jan part of our duo) doesn't like road hotels/motels. Whenever she is in one she looks under the bed for dead bodies (don't laugh--this has happened) and never ever puts her bare foot on the carpet. So based on this, we have our own RV now (35' fiver), and don't have to go to motels. As such, for similar reasons, we almost never use the CG facilities, but use our own in the unit. For us the whole idea was to have our own bed, our own bathroom, etc etc. They may be a little dirty at times, but at least it's our dirt. We aren't in to primitive anything---we choose campgrounds that are top-notch, and in particular have full hookups. I hook up the sewer hose. We use the shower and the kitchen sink, and obviously the toilet, as much as we please. After a couple of days, when there is sufficient water in the grey tanks (we never get the black more than half full by the time the greys are full), I pull the valves and dump it all, always the black first then the grey to flush things out. Works fine. We have found that the blue stuff is fine but not even really necessary most of the time. Keep that little bit of water in the toilet--it works wonders.

I have not found it necessary to do anything special regarding the black tank. I keep the valves closed on all tanks to build up some quantity, and dump when necessary and always last thing when leaving. I don't do any special flush of the black tank with clean water, and keep the valves closed in storage. No problems so far, and no particular odor problem either (we do get odors from time to time, but not a biggie).

as a matter of fact, I never had problems with my gray and black water but I heard a lot of people avoiding to use the trailer's facilities without having a specific reason, the only thing I can guess is that the facilities there are to crammed and they don't feel comfortable in it ;)

3. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Galli @ Sep 12 2009, 09:08 PM) [snapback]18871[/snapback]

as a matter of fact, I never had problems with my gray and black water but I heard a lot of people avoiding to use the trailer's facilities without having a specific reason, the only thing I can guess is that the facilities there are to crammed and they don't feel comfortable in it ;)

I think some folks just don't like the idea of having a tank of poop right there under the floor. I grew up on a chicken farm, and she's a nurse, so maybe we're a little more desensitized. Given a choice of having the poop close by vs. taking a nighttime walk through an unfamiliar GC to use a somewhat questionable public facility, I'll stay home. To each his own.

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jan-n-john @ Sep 13 2009, 01:08 AM) [snapback]18876[/snapback]

I think some folks just don't like the idea of having a tank of poop right there under the floor. I grew up on a chicken farm, and she's a nurse, so maybe we're a little more desensitized. Given a choice of having the poop close by vs. taking a nighttime walk through an unfamiliar GC to use a somewhat questionable public facility, I'll stay home. To each his own.

My RV is actually a converted Trailways bus. We use our bathroom as often as we want to. If you use it and then dump it when necessary you keep the good bacteria growing and the odor will be minimal. Many people try to keep theirs too clean and that is where the odors come from. We also manage a campground now and just had a problem with a man that continually put bleach and other chemicals into his tank and even his neighbors were complaining about the odors. We had him stop that, add a little bit of Rid-ex to get the good bacteria growing and now the neighbors are no longer complaining and he doesn't have odor inside his camper either.

5. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

Cat. I didn't know that you were on here too. Just shows how much I know :rolleyes:

We do both in ours. However, we have a total of 200 gray, and 120 black water. We don't have to dump as often, and haven't had any other issues. Our tanks are vented through the roof. So far no smells.

God bless,

John

6. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John316 @ Sep 13 2009, 09:32 PM) [snapback]18895[/snapback]

Cat. I didn't know that you were on here too. Just shows how much I know :rolleyes:

We do both in ours. However, we have a total of 200 gray, and 120 black water. We don't have to dump as often, and haven't had any other issues. Our tanks are vented through the roof. So far no smells.

God bless,

John

Yup John, I'm everywhere! LOL

7. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Sep 13 2009, 10:00 PM) [snapback]18896[/snapback]

Yup John, I'm everywhere! LOL

Kinda what I have figured out, and it is kinda scary :lol: ;) :lol:

Naw, glad to see you around. You and Dallas's advice, and comments are needed!

God bless,

John

8. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(JackHammr' @ Sep 12 2009, 10:56 PM) [snapback]18870[/snapback]

coacbcps , I find your remark about hubby slanderous , are you trying to say yours dont stink :blink:

all yawl say the same thing about us , aint fair , cant be true :unsure:

Yeah, I guess you're right and mine does stink . . . a little. :rolleyes: However it has been said that "you are what you eat" and let me tell you there are many things that my sweetie should NOT be eating! :p

9. 94 FATBOY

94 FATBOY
    Expand Collapse

why the hell you guys talking about the worst part of the RV hey cat / john and I ain't telling you who this is but i do have 2 harleys think about it

10. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(coacbcps @ Sep 14 2009, 06:45 AM) [snapback]18908[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess you're right and mine does stink . . . a little. :rolleyes: However it has been said that "you are what you eat" and let me tell you there are many things that my sweetie should NOT be eating! :p

Ha.\, ha, ha, now YOU are in trouble, from now on your diet will be rosebuds and water :lol

11. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

Only two Harleys ??

I only have four and three aint for sale ..