Keeping Plug In?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by rv1, Dec 3, 2009.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 8 2009, 01:45 PM) [snapback]20278[/snapback]

JJ,

I have to ask. Is Kitty with you or did you leave him with someone who is taking care of him?

Kitty is with me and doing fine! Kitty even did great in the hotel rooms on the way! I was surprised as each time I got a new RV (I'm on my third one...) kitty MEOWED until he was used to the RV.

And Don (pianotuna), when I was in Kentucky this summer, I did have to have the converter replaced. The repair person said I had damaged the converter because I messed it up when I turned OFF the battery when I was plugged in to shore power. (Or at least I THINK that is what I was told....)

JJ

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Tx,

Of course, kitty is with JJ. She would never leave a "family member" behind :)

JJ,

I'm sorry that the converter ended up being "toast" I hope that they upgraded it to a "smart" unit! Now if I could convince you to go solar...... LOL (confirmed solaraholic, here).

I'm itching to try my inverter/battery bank on Dec 18. I'll be trying to run the block heater for a number of hours. It is going to be a torture test for sure, if current conditions continue.

I'm also itching to go on my trip south--but it looks as if I may be changing my route. I've always wanted to see the Shuttle take off.....and there is one scheduled for Feb 4th.

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Dec 11 2009, 09:55 AM) [snapback]20317[/snapback]

And Don (pianotuna), when I was in Kentucky this summer, I did have to have the converter replaced. The repair person said I had damaged the converter because I messed it up when I turned OFF the battery when I was plugged in to shore power. (Or at least I THINK that is what I was told....)

JJ

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Dec 11 2009, 01:15 PM) [snapback]20322[/snapback]

I've always wanted to see the Shuttle take off.....and there is one scheduled for Feb 4th.

Don,

We saw Endeavor blast off, and it was spectacular!!! It was the last launch of the 20th century (if you consider the year 2000 as the end of the century, which it really is). It was a night lift off which made it even better, although I would also like to see one in daylight. I hope you get to see the Feb 4th launch. It is something you won't ever forget.

TX