Kitchen Tap Leak

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by fourwaites, Jul 31, 2023.

1. fourwaites

fourwaites
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    I am really new to this. We have had our trailer for just over 2 weeks. On our first camping trip, we noticed that our kitchen tap leaked a few drops every time the trailer moved. Now it's a lot more, to the point that the sink cover has water damage from the water hitting the top and rolling down over the side. Is this normal in any way? I emailed the dealership but haven't heard back. I have had other issues, water damage to the dinette due to a missing seal on the slide-out, which was resealed, and now there is a small hole that I found at the bottom of the thing surrounding the slide-out. I figure if I can see light, then water can get in. I am concerned that I have a lemon. Regardless, is the dripping normal?

Thanks!

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about the issues with your new RV. As far as the sink, a temporary fix would be to turn off the water pump when in transit and when you dont need water running. This will stop the drip at those times, but at some point, either the faucet needs to be replaced, or at least one or two o-rings in the faicet need to be replaced.

hope this helps.

--chris g.

Paythebill likes this.