List Parks That You Have Or Would Stay For At Least A Month

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by stitchlips, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I can not imagine staying in one place that long. We have stayed in one park in Berlin, Oh (Amish country) for 7 days and in another in Port Townson for 6 days (but actually stayed in the motor home 3 nights as we went to see friends.). I think we would be bored staying much longer. Our normal routine is to travel one day about 3 or 4 hours and then stay two nights or one night with a very short hop. We love to explore and frequently put more miles on our toad than on the coach even when we are gone for several months. One problem we have is our kitchen only work in the morning and is always broken for lunch and dinner or so my wife tells me.

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

There are alot of nice places that I could mention, but I am not being factitious when I say that the answer to that question would be any..any place that I had all to myself.

I doubt that anyone who has been RVing for some time could argue with that.

3. EMDQueen

EMDQueen
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Dec 8 2010, 05:32 PM) [snapback]25064[/snapback]

I can not imagine staying in one place that long. We have stayed in one park in Berlin, Oh (Amish country) for 7 days and in another in Port Townson for 6 days (but actually stayed in the motor home 3 nights as we went to see friends.). I think we would be bored staying much longer. Our normal routine is to travel one day about 3 or 4 hours and then stay two nights or one night with a very short hop. We love to explore and frequently put more miles on our toad than on the coach even when we are gone for several months. One problem we have is our kitchen only work in the morning and is always broken for lunch and dinner or so my wife tells me.

Hmm, kitchen broken... I like it! I'm going to use that one!

4. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Dec 8 2010, 05:32 PM) [snapback]25064[/snapback]

One problem we have is our kitchen only work in the morning and is always broken for lunch and dinner or so my wife tells me.

My wife would tell me to get OUTSIDE and cook something on the gril! :D

5. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

We've just spent a month at the McDowell Regional Park near Fountain Hills, AZ. Every site has wonderful mountain views and hikes onto the Sonoran Desert are plentiful. You have a 2-week limit in each of their two loops, but you can move from one to another after your 1st 2 weeks are up. It's a great place.....W-E, with a dump station.

6. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(EMDQueen @ Dec 2 2010, 08:19 PM) [snapback]25013[/snapback]

...the secret is to figure out what is important to you...

EMDQueen and RLM captured the essence.
    When first started with our full-timing experience; we found a wonderful park local to our original home. Was perfect to finish closing out one life-style and begin another:
    Pechanga RV Park in Temecula, California. Security, full hook-ups, spotless laundry and bathrooms. The edge of town location was ideal. After 3-4 months (on and off, as they have a 29-day stay limit), we were ready to hit the road.

Still prefer southern California for winters, due to proximity of our grown kids. However we've outgrown Pechanga.

Spent several months at Sunland RV Park in Escondido, California. Great location to all things San Diego. Likewise enjoyed couple winters at Golden Villiage Palms in Hemet, California. Both are full hook-up, RV parking in suburbia kind of places. One takes the tow car to all the outlying areas (ocean, mountains, deserts, malls, and downtowns).

Spending this winter at Rancho California RV Resort: Aguanga, California. Renting an owner site (best value) which overlooks a small fishing lake. Fabulous elbow room, full hook-ups, security and waaaaaay out of any town. Clear view of the southern sky and all my electronic toys purr without issue.

Could easily park here for eternity... B)

7. camper12549

camper12549
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(stitchlips @ Sep 12 2010, 09:23 PM) [snapback]24056[/snapback]

I am new here and my wife and I are going to start full timing. I would like to know from anyone, anywhere in the USA, what parks they have or would consider staying at for a period of at least a month. It can be federal parks, state parks, resorts or boondocking it really does not matter.

I would like to start penciling in some good places on my map. I am born and raised in Florida and have not been to many other places.

Thanks in advance and I hope there are a lot of suggestions.

8. rockfarmer

rockfarmer
    Expand Collapse

If money were no object, I think that Willow Tree in Longs, SC is a great campground. It is close to Myrtle Beach and there are lots of activities nearby. The park itself is excellent with large sites, lots of walking paths, a large lake (catch and release only), and very quiet. If you wish, you can get a site with a hot tub but it is $$$. The staff is very friendly and the grounds are well maintained.

We have spent a week there for the past 6 years and plan to continue to return.

9. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We tend to camp for only a few days at each park, but have spent a month at Shadow Ridge RV Park in Ajo, Arizona. The park has most amenities including a clubhouse and the area is close to many desert trails. Also the town is small enough to walk around or take your bike. B)