Meterman46, Cheryl, Browzin And Any Others I Missed.....

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Meterman winds up again and throws and gigantic snowball at Cheryl F..........Opppsss He misses again.......Maybe if it the wind stopped blowing he could Cheryl F again.....LOL Cheryl Thanks for all of the snow we got 13 inches on tuesday and overnight we had another 3 inches!!! It's suppose to be windy for the next couple of days so more drifting..I have 4-5 foot drifts in my backyard and where my TT is parked Theres is a 6 foot drift surrounding it :( Guess I'll have to wait for spring to go camping again....LOL but it's to be in the mid forties by the end of the week!!!!! maybe it's finally going to be spring soon!!!! Hope everyone else doing ok and yes I'll even take it from those in the land of the wamrth aka 70's & 80's. It's ok The snow will melt and I'll be out soon camping again. Although it maybe another 15 years before I can retire I camp like I'm retiring tommorrow...LOL

May love and laughter light your days,
    and warm your heart and home.
    May good and faithful friends be yours,
    wherever you may roam.
    May peace and plenty bless your world
    with joy that long endures.
    May all life's passing seasons
    bring the best to you and yours!

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

You are more than welcome Brian. But I didn't send the wind to you, because we have it too. Yesterday, we had 70 mph winds in the foothills where I live and there were 100 mph in the high country. They ended up closing down all the pass roads and also I-70 and highway 285 so there wasn't any way to the ski areas and President's Day weekend is their busiest weekend of the season. The wind was blowing windshields out of cars and visibilty was zero, so they finally shut it down. It is not that bad today but still pretty windy. We hit day 60 today of measurable snow on the ground...do any of you really believe that Spring is just around the corner????

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I'm not too sure about that, but they are calling for temps in the 50's in my area next weekend. Of course, we all know how reliable those weather predictions are - especially the 10 day forecasts.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Hi Meterman,

I don't mean to horn in on your snowball fight with Cheryl, but I am curious about your ammo. I don't know where you are in IL, but up here in Chicago the foot plus we have gotten in the past week is so dry and powdery that you couldn't make a snowball with it unless you added your own water. It's so dry that the neighborhood kids can't even make snowmen. The fact that we haven't gotten even close to 30 degrees since the snow hasn't improved the situation any. Now the weather folks are saying it will warm up enough next week to get rid of all or it in a matter of a few days. We will see.

I feel for the folks in central NY.

Jerry S.

5. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,
    For us too the snow is pretty dry, no good for snowballs or snowmen. It came down pretty fast on Valentine's day, about 4 inches an hour between 5 pm and 8 pm, a total for the storm of 18 inches. In Sherbrooke, about 50 miles east of us, they got 24 inches. As it is a pretty hilly area, the city busses got stuck and the snowplows couldn't go through, just before the afternoon rush hour. It took about 5 hours to get the situation under control. Some kids got home from school after 10 pm, about 30 kids even had to sleep in school. At the height of the storm a woman gave birth in a car in downtown Sherbrooke. She and her husband were stuck in traffic on their way to the hospital. The police got their doctor, who was also stuck, by snowmobile, brought him to the car, and after the delivery brought the whole bunch, newborn baby and all, to the hospital by snowmobile.
    With all the snow the deer are having a hard time. We keep seeing a few in our backyard almost every day.[attachmentid=44]

Attached Files:

6. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Well, we left home in 15 degrees and clear skys and hit AZ to visit with family for an illness and now we are wondering if the weather will let up enough to get back home. I would not have like to stay these three weeks in a hotel and I have at least another two ahead of me. My neighbor called and said we got a load of snow with an inch of ice on top and did not think I could get in the driveway. I guess if I get home before it melts I will spend a coupld hours plowing it out or snowblowing it. I live int he mountains of VA near the skyline drive. I will say that I like Mesa in the winter. They are riding motorcycles here in light jackets and pants and some are even bare handed. Now that is life int he winter. Oh and I just had to take the windows out of the wrangler too.

7. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Feb 17 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]6137[/snapback]
    Hi Meterman,

I don't mean to horn in on your snowball fight with Cheryl, but I am curious about your ammo. I don't know where you are in IL, but up here in Chicago the foot plus we have gotten in the past week is so dry and powdery that you couldn't make a snowball with it unless you added your own water. It's so dry that the neighborhood kids can't even make snowmen. The fact that we haven't gotten even close to 30 degrees since the snow hasn't improved the situation any. Now the weather folks are saying it will warm up enough next week to get rid of all or it in a matter of a few days. We will see.

Jerry S.

Jerry I live 3 hours south of you and it's just a fictional snowball fight with Cheryl.....LOL We have been throwing snowballs back and forth since December when she posted "anyone want a white christmas?" and Colorado got hammered with alot of snow while we were having 50 degree weather. We just got enough to have a snowball fight.LOL And it's fun to throw snowballs... :lol: So be on the look out as I might send a couple your way too......Happy Trails.

8. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Feb 18 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]6147[/snapback]

Hi Meterman,

Jerry S.

Jerry I live 3 hours south of you and it's just a fictional snowball fight with Cheryl.....LOL We have been throwing snowballs back and forth since December when she posted "anyone want a white christmas?" and Colorado got hammered with alot of snow while we were having 50 degree weather. We just got enough to have a snowball fight.LOL And it's fun to throw snowballs... :lol: So be on the look out as I might send a couple your way too......Happy Trails.

Brian,

I love it when people give a location in time. Depending on traffic problems (especially getting out of the city - I live on the far north side and must travel through the city to go south or east), stops, and speed (RV limit is 55 in IL), 3 hours could be anywhere from 120 to 200 miles (no traffic, no stops, and going 70). Although it takes me over 4 hours to get there, I'll guess Mattoon/Charleston.

Jerry S.

9. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Update from eastern upstate New York:

We finally got some "real" snow on Valentines day. The winter came in like gangbusters, and dropped 22 inches here with blizzard winds of over 35 miles per hour. The winds continue to blow everyday since, snow drifts and more snow drifts. Twenty miles west of us, they had over 40 inches from this same storm. Of course we have nothing like what the people from the eastern Lake Ontario regions have been receiving, 140+ inches, in a week, at a couple of areas. We have had very cold temps, -10 to + 5 above for the last month, not the norm, we too are looking for warmer temps and "spring". Will be here before you know it, I hope !!

10. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Feb 19 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]6150[/snapback]

we too are looking for warmer temps and "spring". Will be here before you know it, I hope !!

Butch, from your lips to God's ears!!! Can't be soon enough for me.....

11. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Butch,
    Seems like we have had the weather, except a few degrees colder. The Valentine's day system that dropped 22 inches on you gave us about 18, which is normal, as the Adirondacks and the Green Mountains act as a barrier when the system comes out of the central plains. Good thing somebody invented snowblowers, but I will have to check the electric starter on mine. The solenoid stopped working yesterday and I had to pull-start. I guess I'll wait for the spring to fix it.
    So, everybody, have fun in the snow while it lasts.

12. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Feb 18 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]6148[/snapback]

Hi Meterman,

Jerry S.

Brian,

I love it when people give a location in time. Depending on traffic problems (especially getting out of the city - I live on the far north side and must travel through the city to go south or east), stops, and speed (RV limit is 55 in IL), 3 hours could be anywhere from 120 to 200 miles (no traffic, no stops, and going 70). Although it takes me over 4 hours to get there, I'll guess Mattoon/Charleston.

Jerry S.

Jerry I live about 3 hours drive time from in a car. Never have taken the TT north yet. I live in Rantoul Exit #250 of I-57 south. BEen here all of my life. Rantoul was the home of Chanute Air Force BAse before closing in 1993. Time is only a guessimate as There are too many variables into exactly how far time travels. :blink:

13. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Brian,

I'm shocked. Your original 3 hour guestimate is just about right on the nose for my conservative driving habits. Exit 250 is about 135 road miles from me. If I leave my place Sunday morning ( traffic-wise, the best time to drive through the city) at 9AM and don't make any pit stops, I can get to Rantoul about noon. I've made this run twice (around 5/1 and 10/1) a year for the last 10+ years.

With Chanute closed, do the still have the Air Museum in Rantoul?

Jerry S.

14. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Feb 19 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]6158[/snapback]
    QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Feb 18 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]6148[/snapback]

Hi Meterman,

Jerry S.

Brian,

Jerry S.

Jerry I live about 3 hours drive time from in a car. Never have taken the TT north yet. I live in Rantoul Exit #250 of I-57 south. Been here all of my life. Rantoul was the home of Chanute Air Force Base before closing in 1993. Time is only a guessimate as There are too many variables into exactly how far time travels. :blink:

Sorry Jerry I've been a little busy but to answer your question YES the Air Museum is still there. There is even a city campground located on the former base it use to be a tralier court. But I even have stayed out there and it's real quiet and I have met fellow rver's from all over. Hope you don't get too much freezing rain over the weekend as I believe we are in the mix between freezing rain and raining. all weekend but atleast it's not snowing. Have a good weekend.

15. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Brian,

Thanks for the update. All we've had up here so far (8PM-Sat.) is a dusting of snow. Actually, I'd rather see 6" of snow than anything involving freezing rain followed by below freezing temps. Half an inch of that stuff can screw up everything - driving, walking, trees, power lines, etc. Give me all snow any day.

Later,

Jerry S.