Need A Hose To Dump????

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by DXSMac, Mar 20, 2012.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I'm camp hosting right now, all sites have full hookup, except the water is turned off. To camp here right now (cuz it's still cold) you fill up your tank at the "winter faucet" at the beginning of the park. Ok. no problem.

Well, someone came in, and said that they needed water turned on in order to dump their tanks, because they can't dump without a hose. HUH? they also explained that they have (what appears to be a tank macerator, where you clean your tanks after you dump), but they said that if they just pull out the knife valves, it just trickles. They MUST use a hose and water in order to dump their tanks.

HUH? (scratching my head......) I have never heard of this! They were in a truck camper.

JJ

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I have seen these at dump stations and it takes a water connection and a whole lot of time and extra water; I believe to avoid the water hookup, the whole pump would have to be removed. I would never have one myself. Many dump stations also do not hose connections, but just a hose end. Where are you that it is still that cold. 82 today in FL.

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Mar 20 2012, 05:08 PM) [snapback]29077[/snapback]

Where are you that it is still that cold. 82 today in FL.

Central Washington State. 40's.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful area. We have been there. About as far as you can get from us in the lower 48. I can't imagine the cold. We were in Yellowstone in May last year and it snowed nearly every day. You lead an interesting life.

5. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Mar 20 2012, 02:58 PM) [snapback]29076[/snapback]

I'm camp hosting right now, all sites have full hookup, except the water is turned off. To camp here right now (cuz it's still cold) you fill up your tank at the "winter faucet" at the beginning of the park. Ok. no problem.

Well, someone came in, and said that they needed water turned on in order to dump their tanks, because they can't dump without a hose. HUH? they also explained that they have (what appears to be a tank macerator, where you clean your tanks after you dump), but they said that if they just pull out the knife valves, it just trickles. They MUST use a hose and water in order to dump their tanks.

HUH? (scratching my head......) I have never heard of this! They were in a truck camper.

JJ

Sounds like a Sewer Solution to me.

We have one. We use it a few times a year, when we need to dump our tanks up-hill.

It's a good product. Very clean, with a back flush valve that allows you to force water back up into your tanks.

On a routine basis, though, it's much slower than the stinky slinky and a little more hassle to use.

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We can dump 110 gals of Gray water in less than 3 mins. If we dump the Black tank 57 gals add 1 more min to time. It would run me nuts to dump using a 1/2 inch water hose. You would tie up the dump station a long time.

7. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I've toyed with the idea of the "sewer solution" because of the extreme cold I go rv'ing in. I changed the wash basin spigot to a standard garden hose connection, so I'd always have a source of water. Right now I use that for flushing my tanks as the only free dump site left in Regina has no water.

I am concerned that the on board pump would not produce enough flow for the sewer solution to work, however.

8. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

The sewer solution is a lots different than a macerator pump which utilizes an electric motor and a water hose. Not sure which is faster, but I don't ever want to behind either one. This brings up the point of how some folks with a stinky slinky system can be very slow. This may be stupidity or selfishness, but I have waited behind people who have finished and just stand there talking or do a big cleanup with 4 people waiting.

9. willranless

willranless
    Expand Collapse

I'm wondering if they had one of these Camco Swivel Stiks that you can put down the toilet to help rinse out the tanks when you dump. It connects to a water hose and has a rotating brass nozzle to sort of pressure wash inside the tank. I'm also wondering if they let as little water as possible go into the tank to increase the time between dumps. After I clean my Black tank I add several gallons of water back into it to help things flow smoothly when I pull the handle.