Need help using the filter

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Michael Wigle, Aug 18, 2023.

1. Michael Wigle

Michael Wigle
    Expand Collapse

Hi Everyone,
    My wife and I are getting ready to move to full time RV living. We want to spend our Winters in the states and summers in Canada (We our Canadian) . I'm trying to locate RV parks that have seasonal rates. How would I use the search function on this website to find parks that offer 6 month rentals?

Thank you in advance.

Michael

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

When we want a winter spot in some warm area, I go to the reviews of all the rv parks in that given area. I try to narrow down the amount of parks that we might like and then call. We have found some will only rent for 3-4 or 6 month lengths of time during the season they declare as their season. Others are open for whatever time frame we want. So i think it is up to you to do the hunting.

3. Michael Wigle

Michael Wigle
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the response. I figured as much. Just didn't wanted to ask just in case.

4. Hotrod27

Hotrod27
    Expand Collapse

FYI , traveling in the usa from Canada requires you to stay only a certain number of day , the first year you enter the USA , you are allowed by the us gvmt to stay 180 days , the next year you must subtract 1/3 of the last years days spent in usa from the 180 days maximum , or minus 60 days = 120 days allowed , on the next or third year you must subtract 1/6 of the first year (30days), then subtract 1/3 of second year (40 days) = 110 days allowed , the penalties are mixed , you may be required to pay income tax in the usa as well as canada and or you may lose privileges to travel to the usa totally , it is best to talk to the canada immigration as well as the usa border office to clarify , also different provinces allow you to be out of province a limited amount of time or lose government hospitalization , i am from Alberta

ShirleyLatimer and Harold Mattox like this.