New and Ready to Go in Southern New Mexico

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Richclay, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Richclay

Richclay
    Expand Collapse

Hi All. Just bought a 21 foot travel trailer. Can boondock or plug in. I live in southern New Mexico looking for recommendations. I don’t like crowded places. I have access to the Gila Wilderness and Lincoln National Forest. I will comb thru whats in this app but suggestions are helpful. Thank you.

2. mikel

mikel
    Expand Collapse

Look through the website at what you like, Asking a question like this is too open and most people will not respond. Be more direct with the questions. Good Luck.

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum. If you by chance decide to travel over into Arizona I can highly recommend two RV parks to stay at. First one is Distant Drums RV Resort in Camp Verde. Really nice facility with all the amenities. Close to Sedona and several other places to visit and enjoy. Second one is just a few miles southwest of Tucson and is on the other end of the camping spectrum but well worth the experiences it provides as it in the middle of the Sonoran Desert but only about 5-6 miles from a great little town with many shops, fully stocked grocery store, laundromat and several good places to eat, etc. Also very close to the old Tucson Movie Studio where many of the old westerns were filmed and open to the public to enjoy. It's called Gilbert Ray Campground and has electrical hookups and water spigots placed conveniently to keep your onboard tank filled. No sewer hookup but a dump station on the premises at no charge. Hope this info was of help to you. Travel safe and be sure to post your reviews of where you do visit on, the flip side of the forum........

BankShot,,,,,,,(aka Terry)

The5goodwins and Paythebill like this.