(( New Campground Question ))

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by tentonlycamping, Feb 14, 2012.

1. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, I any new campground has to have Wi-Fi, perhaps even before adding a luxury like cable tv. In regards to tent only campgrounds, I can not for the life of me think why anybody would want to go there. Back in the 70's when I was but a young youth (Ahhh, the glory years!) I used to camp in a small 2 man pup tent at an area state park. I would always get a site with electric so I could plug a radio in at night and a coffee pot in the morning. Today, camping in our motor home, we still see families opt for the campsites with hook ups for their tents, paying more, than the non hook up sites. As far as opening a campground with "rows of rv's looking like a trailer park", again in my opinion that would only happen if your campground is not treed acreage and everyone was just plopped in an open field type setting. I would think laying plastic water lines (they generally are only put in shallow ditchs, different that hard lines going to stick and brick buildings) and electric would be the first alternative of start up before pools, rec rooms and the so forth. Has the perspective campground owners thought of who will be their customers and where and how (advertise) will they promote their business. Finally, regarding erecting pre-installed tents and campsites for those who do not have camping gear, a very aggressive marketing professional lady from Western New York State tried that concept 2 years ago in a bunch of New York State Parks. She had white (noticable) tents pre-erected on wooden bases with cots, bedding, cooking supplies, coolers and camp fire wood all set for the arriving campers. Her business lasted one camping season.