New Site Additions

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Webmaster, Oct 23, 2007.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 7 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]9387[/snapback]

Stupid me. I thought the new format for the reviews screen was a hugh goof-up. Now that I realize this was done on purpose I have to say no no no no no! This is not good. You constantly have to scroll back and forth as well as up and down. A huge inconvenience.

Webmaster, I know you were trying to make an improvement and I still appreciate your time and effort to make this a good site. But this newest change is not for the better. Perhaps you could explain why you made this change and how it was supposed to be an improvement.

I didn't like it, either! Perhaps this change saves space or saves bytes or something...... I can only guess that the Webmaster was "saving" something......... At first I thought, "But that campground had more reviews than that, where did they go?" Then I realized it was a scrolling thing.

JJ

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------
    'Capper' date='Dec 7 2007:
    ...However the new addition of a split screen on the listing of the reviews under a campground makes it very difficult to read the reviews easily. What do other people think or is it me?

------------------------------

I'm with Capper...thought I had 'diminished' or somehow 'weirded out' my fonts...thus have to scroll right/left to read the actual review.

Webmaster: is there a screen setting you are using that keeps the review portion from wrapping with a scroll-bar?

3. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Looks like I'm a minority of one, but I actually like the new split screen. It means I don't have to scroll down the 37 posts for one particular campground to have a quick look at all the campgrounds in popular places where there are several parks.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

wprigge,

I see what you are talking about and I agree that the new format makes it easier to scroll down through all the different campgrounds listed for one city. But that back and forth scrolling of the actual review drives me crazy! What if the reviews were still in up and down scroll format under the city, but make them a full screen width instead of the half screen. Wouldn't that be the best of both formats?

How about it webmaster? Is that possible?

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for going back to a more readable format!