New Site Problems? let us know here..

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Nov 13, 2014.

1. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm not sure what you're referring to. There are guidelines for reviews, but I didn't think the software did any editing of its own.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Which review of yours are you referring to and what did the message that you got say?

3. Wichita Falls RV Park

Wichita Falls RV Park
    Expand Collapse

When I try to contact you, through the "contact us" form, my mail is returned as undeliverable every time. There is no phone number listed anywhere to contact you. I am wanting to update the listing you have for our RV Park and add our website to our listing. Please advise.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sorry you have had trouble with this. I just tested the form and it seems to be working fine. Can you tell me exactly what you entered in each box on the form. If you do not want to post this information publicly here on the forum, you can send me a private message by clicking on my username and then choosing "Start a Conversation." Also can you please tell me the location of the Contact Us button that you clicked on, i.e. what page was it on?

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I looked at your most recent reviews and see where the admin who approved one of them added two semicolons to your comments. Is this what you are referring to? This was done because you had two very long run-on sentences and the punctuation was added so the review was easier to read. I cannot find where any message was sent to you telling you not to use so many commas.

6. jkproescholdt

jkproescholdt
    Expand Collapse

Hello! Sorry if this has been addressed already, but the city I'd like to add a review for is not listed under the state's drop-down box. (It's a tiny town.) Is there a way in the works to add a city?

Also, as someone brought up in "Incomplete Review" in RV Park Discussions, I cannot update the amenities/hookups/accommodations tick boxes. When I click save at the bottom it seems to just reload the page.

Thanks!

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Step 2 of submitting a review is to select a campground. If the one you are reviewing isn't in our database then follow the link for "Adding a campground". You'll be prompted to enter all the relevant information, including the city.

8. jkproescholdt

jkproescholdt
    Expand Collapse

When I enter Kansas and click "add it here" there is no Healy in the city drop-down box. No matches found. Hitting enter or clicking to the side doesn't let it stay typed in.

9. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

What's the name of the campground? They may have a different mailing address or a shared ZIP code.

10. jkproescholdt

jkproescholdt
    Expand Collapse

The Hitchin' Post Healy, KS 67850 And it's very new so I don't believe it would be in the database. There's a different Hitchin' Post in Yoder, KS. Scott City is the nearest city listed.

11. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I can't find anything about this park online. Even if we can fix the city issue a phone number is required and I can't even find that.

Do you know if this park is in any way related to the Hitchin' Post saloon that is (or was) in Scott City?

12. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks. 67850 is listed as a unique ZIP for Healy, so apparently the source of the city list either missed it or didn't include small towns with only a few hundred residents for some reason.

13. jkproescholdt

jkproescholdt
    Expand Collapse

The phone number for contact info Healy Oil Co (the gas station owns it) - 620-398-2300.

The Hitchen' Post in Scott City is only a liquor store and to my knowledge no way related. No, there's really no info about it anywhere. Just the sign at the park that says go to the gas station to pay.

14. Tamtam

Tamtam
    Expand Collapse

Iphone. I was using iOS 6, but I just upgraded my phone and I'm using iOS 8 and it still looks the same. Looks fine on the laptop though. image.jpg

#154 Tamtam, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Is your review submission problem only with the phone or have you tried it with your computer also?

16. Tamtam

Tamtam
    Expand Collapse

When I use the computer it looks fine. It seems to only be an issue on the mobile site. You can still scroll down to read all of the reviews. As I previously mentioned it's not a real big issue, just something I noticed... I'm sure it will get corrected as all the bugs get worked out.

17. Kalama Traveler

Kalama Traveler
    Expand Collapse

This is my first review since the new website, and there is one thing that would help many of us, and that is to have a 'spell check' on the review page. Some of us have problems: our computer can't type. Thanks a lot.

18. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

As you type words into the comments box, the system does an automatic spell check. If there were no misspelled words identified in your comments, maybe the computer can type better than you think. :)

19. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Also, most browsers have the capability for spell checking "as you type". You may not have it turned on. Check your browser's settings.

20. hr08

hr08
    Expand Collapse

What is this "InBoxNow" or "InBoxAce" thing I am directed to download in order to find park reviews. Is this something new? Is it legit? I didn't need it the last time I used the website just a few weeks ago but now I can't find campgrounds anywhere. Truly, the old format was much more user friendly.