Newmar Reliability

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by ltchud, May 15, 2006.

1. ltchud

ltchud
    Expand Collapse

We are considering purchasing the Newmar All-Star mid-engine because of its 2 bedroom design (we have two daughters under 10). This would be for full-time use on the road about 10 months out of the year (we homeschool). I am interested in the reliability of the Newmar coaches. Does anyone have positive or negative experiences with their line? They have been making the Dutch Star, Kountry Star, Mountain Aire, etc. We would just like to know from people who own them how they like them. Thanks for any info. Mike

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Itchud:

We have owned a Newmar 40 foot diesel for four years now and can attest to the quality of the product. It is extremely well built and, whenever you have a problem, they don't hesitate to fix it without question. Almost always, if anything goes wrong, it is with a product made by somebody else, i. e., we've had many problems with our awnings, but Newmar always fixes them. Top notch product from a top notch company.

3. All Star Road Trip

All Star Road Trip
    Expand Collapse

Hi Mike,

I am currently traveling around the US with my wife and 2 kids on a promotional tour with 2 All Stars for two years. So far after about 6000 miles we have had only minor problems. As the coaches are new it may take a while to get much feedback on reliability.

You can follow our trip at our BLOG www.allstarroadtrip.com and if you have any questions feel free to contact me at info@allstarroadtrip.com.