No longer Post

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Airstream Man, Oct 20, 2015.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Never put any thought to this but after reading this thread there seems to be a place to put your rig/equipment info onto your review profile, which I will probably do.

I think the information or lack of information on the review profiles is part of the key to determining where the reviewers prospective, experience is coming from.

As far has lack of descriptive reviews on RVPR... has anyone read some of the RV reviews on Trip Adviser? :eek:

Mike

drfife likes this.
  2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

If members would take a bit of time to put something there, the User Notes on one's profile page already has the capability for this type of information. In addition, that same page has the number of reviews submitted, as well as, how many were voted helpful. There is also a map of the general areas in the US that reviewers have RVed in. The sum of this information is a tool with which to gauge reviews that may or may not have value to one's research into picking a CG that they would be pleased with.

Perhaps RVPR should divide reviews into four versions: Minimalist, Cliff Note, Novel, and Trip Advisor. But I suspect even that probably would not please all of us, all of the time.

FosterImposters likes this.
  3. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I would much prefer finding out what equipment (size and class) the reviewer may be using if it was in the line at the end of the review "I camped at (name of park) in a (size, class, type of equipment). Since members don't always fill in this information on their profiles I might waste too much time checking it out there. Also if readers wish to cut and paste reviews for future reference it would definitely be easier to do this if the equipment information is included with the review.

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My 2 cents here. I like the idea of keeping everything centralized in the reviewer profile pop up window, one place to check on all of the back ground on a reviewer.

Mike