Ok, Here Goes

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by parkdale, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Paul and Jo

Paul and Jo
    Expand Collapse

We've just joined this site and are new to RVing. I've been using Park Reviews to determine which campgrounds to stay at during our cross country trip, South Carolina to California, with heading to South Dakota in between. If I come across a really bad review, I tend to read the other postings to see if it is justified, take note of the dates and read the other reviews by that poster. This gives me an overall view not just one persons opinion.

This site has been a valuable tool for me and could not imagine making this journey without it.

Jo

2. MelindaK

MelindaK
    Expand Collapse

I am a newbie. I have been using this site maybe a year or two. I have found this site to be an excellent resource for selecting a campground and for general information. I agree with others that you can tell if most of the reviews for a CG are good and then there is one bad review that someone was having a bad day. Let's face it in the web world we live in anyone can post anything about anyone. It is not like the old days where if something is in black and white it must be true...we are in the 21st Century and a lot of integerity has gone by the wayside. I think the powers that be are right in keeping owners from posting on the site. In addition, if the rules were changed and owners could post we would have a lot tit for tat going back and forth. I did not join this site to read that type of garbage. In my opinion, this is a great site and full of informaiton that helps me make wise decisions that enhance my camping experience.

3. iradi8

iradi8
    Expand Collapse

I also like that this site is for rv'ers only and not the owners. Just this week we stayed at an rv park that was highly rated across the board. That's why I chose it. We had a very different experience there and I rated it a 4. The only low rating. I hope people won't dismiss what happened to us because it's the only low review. I wasn't having a bad day at all, in fact it was a wonderful day until "the incident" happened with the owner. I actually posted on this forum and did a review, but neither have been put through yet. After it happened, I went to another review website and their reviews were different than the ones here. Of four reviews, two had a problem with the owner, where none of the reviewers here did.

4. parkdale

parkdale
    Expand Collapse

until "the incident" happened with the owner

It's too bad that you had this "incident" with the owner. But why slam the entire park because you had a singular situation? Did this "situation" make the park bad?...not a good park for others to visit? Not kept up? It's too bad that a low rating has to accompany your "incident". You have certainly made your feelings known regarding this "incident" on the other forums. No damage was done acording to you...so is it not time to let it go and get on with life?