Power Gear Electric Jacks

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by togators, Aug 9, 2012.

1. togators

togators
    Expand Collapse

Just trying to educate myself on my jacks before spending $1000 for repair. I have PG electric jacks on my 08 fleetwood expedition and my drivers side rear jack is faulting. I did all the manual test at the key pad and she was not budging. Brought in to dealership and was informed I need a new motor at $665 plus 2 hours labor at $125hr. Ask to see mechanic and he showed my the motor and how it would not turn. He said buy a new one, she is stuck. Here is my question, I have read that you can take it apart, clean and they work great. Most of those forums spoke of the brake getting water intrusion then rusting out. Mine appears (as I was told) to be a motor issue. Do I just bite the bullet and spend the $$$$. By the way, I am fairly mechanical but not alot of free time working and raising a family. Thank you for your time and thoughts.

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I have PG jacks on my '89 southwind also. They may be a different model, so maybe different info, by I had one fail on my unit as well. I wrote to PG and they said they could get me a new motor to about $185.00. You might want to contact them directly, and see what you get.