Pulling A Tow Vehicle

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Bud in Florida, Apr 27, 2007.

1. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

In researching a new vehicle, I checked the aforementioned 2007 Dinghy Towing Guide and it mentioned the Toyota Camry as towable with 4 down.

Yet before buying one, I checked the Owners Manual and it states specifically that you should not tow one with all four down.

Anyone know what is the scoop?

2. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

I agree that the M&G is the best brake system. Works very well and so easy to connect. It is hard to believe that some people tow without a braking system.

Jurhee

QUOTE(Marcus @ May 7 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]7023[/snapback]

Hi,

I have towed a Honda CRV all over the US (including to Alaska) and Canada. Like others, I do not think you should even consider towing on the bumper. A good tow setup will attach to the frame of your toad (common reference to a towed vehicle). I think that towing with all four wheels on the ground is the best arrangement although others may believe differently. Towing 4 down lets you hookup and unhook easily (can be done with most setups in less than a minute), the toad following around corners better (does not cut an inside track as much as a

3. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

I know it's up to the individual states, but where is it legal to drive without a braking system?

Mostly so I can avoid those states.

Holy cow...