Question For You Sat Tv Users

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Bud in Florida, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Ree

Ree
    Expand Collapse

2. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

Browzin: You are obviously an EXPERT on sat. tv!
    An expert is some one that has ALL the answers, no I am NOT a expert, I do not have all the answers, I only sell and install Directv & Dish network systems for RV & Marine users.

I am in the market to put a sat system on my class A Gulf Stream(38'). Can you tell me which system is the best? Direct TV or Dish?

Asking which is best in Satellite service providers is like asking which is better Chevy or Ford!

It really depends upon what programs do you want to view?

They both carry many of the same programs but not all. Other than small programing differences, they are basically the same. Price works out to about the same when you compare the same programs available to each other.

It sounds like the Slimline 3 would be best for me. How would I go about getting it installed? Do I go to camping world and have them do it?
    The slimline 3 dish is actually a home or tripod mounted system for Directv only. You can get the same thing in a roof mount from Winegard.

With Dish Network you would either get the 1000.2 or 1000.4 depending upon your service location. Once again Winegard makes a roof top unit for these Dish network systems. (1000.2 is western arc and 1000.4 is eastern arc satellites for Dish Network HD service.)

Sorry but I wouldn't let Camping World touch the installation. You want to find a RV dealer or a Satellite dealer that takes the time to do the installation properly. You don't want to have some one that just punches holes through the roof for cables and doesn't care about anything else other than getting on to the next job.

Also, I would like to change my old Sony tv which is located up by the front windshield and put in a new wide screen hd tv.

Also, my old tv is square and the the new tv would be rectangular. Can I just put new wood over the old spot where the old tv was and just put mounting hardware on the new wood for the new tv? I probably sound weird but just don't know how to start the process of putting a new tv up!
    Has anyone done this before?
    Thanks, Marie
    Every installation is different. Any thing is possible. It is just a matter of how much work will be required to accomplish your particular task.

The most common change installation is just adding trim and hardware to hide any gaps left from installing the new set. It is very possible that what you have in mind would work well for your particular installation.

Once again if this is something that you are not comfortable doing yourself then you should seek out a qualified shop to do the work.