Rainbow Country Rv Campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Snidely Whiplash, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

I sent the webmaster a message outlining my concerns with the reviews for Rainbow Country RV Campground in Cedar Key FL but also wanted to post a warning here.

A few months back we stayed at the Cedar Key RV Resort which is right across the street from the Rainbow Country RV Campground. The Cedar Key RV Resort was a wonderful place, reasonably priced, new facilities, well kept, and staff was friendly and helpful. Nearly a perfect park in our opinion. We walk every evening and during the course of our stay one evening we walked through the Rainbow Country RV Campground across the street. Rainbow Country RV Campground was absolutely horrible, exactly the kind or park we try to avoid, all older units that looked like they hadnt been moved for years and probably couldnt be moved and in very poor condition, trash and debris throughout the park, small unkept sites, basically just a dirty grungy and dilapidated RV park.

While looking at the reviews for Cedar Key RV Resort I noted one reviewer gave the resort a much lower rating (3) than other reviewers, and a rating I felt was unreasonably low. When I looked at that reviewers only other review, it was a 10 rating for Rainbow Country RV Campground . Looking at the other ratings and reviews for Rainbow Country RV Campground I see several reviews posted by reviewers who have only reviewed a couple of parks, some of them even having reviewed only Rainbow Country RV Campground twice and giving it high marks both times.

Just a head's up to those who may be planning a trip to the Cedar Key area. Cedar Key RV Resort is a nice RV park, the only one I would stay at in Cedar Key area. Rainbow Country RV Campground is a dump. The other two parks in Cedar Key looked to be adequate, not our style or suiting our tastes, but still head and shoulders above Rainbow Country RV Campground, which I would avoid at all costs.