Recommendations for COLD or COOL weather from North Texas?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by lucastheroaddog, Jun 16, 2023.

1. lucastheroaddog

lucastheroaddog
    Expand Collapse

I hopefully will be able to take a week off work in late July/Early August (basically 7 days total to leave and come back).

Looking for recommendations on where to go. Colorado (many, many places!) is an obvious choice (I love that state!).

Anyone else have suggestions?

I'm a Native Texan and hate the heat. As soon as I can (work-wise) my butt is getting the heck out of here during these hot summers! The heat and humidity is for the birds!

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

In Colo. some of our favorite campgrounds are:

Arkansas River Rim:
    https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regi...ta/arkansas-river-rim-campground-rv-park-5928
    not much to do at the campground, but close to other activities like fishing, rafting, hiking, and shopping in Buena Vista and Salida.

Also, if you like activities onsite, Cutty's Resort is fun:
    https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/colorado/coaldale/cuttys-hayden-creek-resort-7044
    They have 2 pools to cool off in, shuffleboard, game room, basketball, and organized activities like bingo and BBQs.

lucastheroaddog and Paythebill like this.
  3. lucastheroaddog

lucastheroaddog
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! I will check these out!

4. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

We full time traveled for 8 years kind of looking at the places we stayed that might fit as a place to land at some point in the future. Well we landed in the mountains of Arizona, 4 mild seasons, and almost no humidity. Love that clean fresh air too.

Paythebill and lucastheroaddog like this.
  5. campingantsweetrolls

campingantsweetrolls
    Expand Collapse

Colorado is hands down one of the sickest places to explore! There are so freaking many options to choose from, it's like a total dreamland!

Paythebill likes this.