Requirements For Travelling To Canada

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by FordTruck, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Tom_247

Tom_247
    Expand Collapse

As far as licensing what is required to enter Canada if you have a 38 foot RV pulling a small truck. The Rv is diesel with air brakes and weighs 32,400 pounds. I heard I need an air brake endorsement. Can anyone confirm. Also can you carry any pistols and what is required

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Don't know about the license requirements but would think not, but do NOT attempt to take a hand gun into Canada. Even bullets could be an issue, I let someone hold my firearms till i could return to the US. Look on the Canadian website for all the info about guns.

BankShot likes this.
  3. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Air brake endorsement is only required for commercial applications.

BankShot likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Our last trip into Canada was several years ago. We crossed the border at Vancouver, B.C. and we found their customs folks to be very polite, courteous, and helpful. However they were also very thorough in their questions and to the answers we gave, etc. Firearms of any type are absolutely not allowed and as we found out neither is pepper spray, that we had a large canister of with us. We told the agent that we wanted to take a few hikes up further in the interior and that we always took pepper spray with us for protection against bears and other critters that could possibly do us bodily injury and ruin our wonderful vacation in their beautiful country.. With that said we were allowed to maintain possession of our terrible weapon. I think it may have just been the particular agent we lucked out with so better to check that one if you do intend on taking pepper spray along...:rolleyes: Just be upfront and don't try to pull the wool over their eyes when it comes to having anything with you that is not allowed,etc. Have a wonderful trip, welcome to the forum and be sure to post reviews of where to toss the old anchor out along the way..........

Regards, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Fitzjohnfan and Paythebill like this.