Route advice Joshua Tree to Idyllwild, Anza Borrego and Julian

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by JillH, Jan 24, 2017.

1. JillH

JillH
    Expand Collapse

We will be in Joshua Tree and then Anza Borrego in a couple weeks. I've been watching weather conditions and if they're good, would like to hit the higher elevation campgrounds in Idyllwild and Julian. However, we are pulling a 21ft trailer and have concerns about windy roads. I''m hoping someone might have input on what the roads are like to those places or perhaps a resource where I can get a better feel for the suitability of a particular route for our truck and trailer.

Thank you in advance!

2. Seawavz

Seawavz
    Expand Collapse

I just moved to San Diego. We have a 35 ft travel trailer. I have been scouting out places and routes. Julian wouldn't be bad. Joshua Tree is lovely especially at night. You can see the milky way! I checked out Palomar Mountain near by and there is no way I would bring my camper there. Its way too high even going down the back way. Went to see La Jolla Indian campground. Not impressed. We are going to check out the Temecula KOA which looks nice. Carlsbad State Park looks great. Sites right on the cliffs of the beach.