Rv Park Reviews New Look

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Beastdriver, May 6, 2006.

1. pjtjmn

pjtjmn
    Expand Collapse

Hi -

I don't really post much, (okay this is my first), but I have a question.

Is there any way to see all the reviews listed for a state by town like you used to be able to do?
    I'm new to camping, and I enjoyed being able to browse all the listings for a state by town name. When I found one that had multiple "thumbs up", I made a note of it to investigate further.

It was easy to scroll through the state to find the "gems". So did I miss the button which allows you to see everything on the same page?

I do love this site, though. I've book three trips this year on the advise given here!

Thanks for the great resource!

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Gene, thanks, I think I have it now. I went to the link you provided and downloaded it. Thanks for you help.

3. jtrimmer

jtrimmer
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pjtjmn @ May 8 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]4157[/snapback]

Hi -

Is there any way to see all the reviews listed for a state by town like you used to be able to do?
    I'm new to camping, and I enjoyed being able to browse all the listings for a state by town name. When I found one that had multiple "thumbs up", I made a note of it to investigate further.

It was easy to scroll through the state to find the "gems". So did I miss the button which allows you to see everything on the same page?

I do love this site, though. I've book three trips this year on the advise given here!

Well you can still do that pretty much. Just use the previous and next city buttons at the top of each city page to go onto the next. It will be in the same order by city that the old site use to be. They are just now grouped by city to save our dialup users some headaches. Those full state listings use to be around 10 megs on some states. For broadband users that is nothing but for 56k ouch :D

4. genestoy

genestoy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ May 8 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]4159[/snapback]
    Gene, thanks, I think I have it now. I went to the link you provided and downloaded it. Thanks for you help.

Cheryl,

Even though they have put the spell check back here it still is good to have that plug-in. After you install it go to Tools at the top of Internet Explorer and you will see iespell. And when anything is in the browser you can click on it (even filling out a form) and it will check the spelling for you. :)

5. NCBounder

NCBounder
    Expand Collapse

You guys have done a fantastic job of developing and converting the old site to this one. Talk about customer delight! I was totally used to looking up the cg's on the old one, and since it is a free service, well who was going to complain. You not only gave it a new look but did a total leap forward in functionality.....with no interruption to service. And all of our old reviews and userid's were already moved to the new site. Thanks!

Now a couple of feedback items, not complaints, just feedback to help you get everything worked out:
    • Did I read somewhere that there are supposed to be dots on the map where the cg's are located? I don't see them if they are supposed to be there.
    • I can not get the browser's BACK button to work when in the forum. I'm using IE 6.0, and it works on every other site and forum I use.
    Thanks so much, and please keep up the good work. Your site really helps. Not only do we use it for reviews, but we also use it as a resource to find cg's that are not even listed in the cg guidebooks.

6. jtrimmer

jtrimmer
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(cblomax @ May 8 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]4164[/snapback]

You guys have done a fantastic job of developing and converting the old site to this one. Talk about customer delight! I was totally used to looking up the cg's on the old one, and since it is a free service, well who was going to complain. You not only gave it a new look but did a total leap forward in functionality.....with no interruption to service. And all of our old reviews and userid's were already moved to the new site. Thanks!

Now a couple of feedback items, not complaints, just feedback to help you get everything worked out:
    • Did I read somewhere that there are supposed to be dots on the map where the cg's are located? I don't see them if they are supposed to be there.
    • I can not get the browser's BACK button to work when in the forum. I'm using IE 6.0, and it works on every other site and forum I use.
    Thanks so much, and please keep up the good work. Your site really helps. Not only do we use it for reviews, but we also use it as a resource to find cg's that are not even listed in the cg guidebooks.

Map Dots:
    We are tracking down a bug with the dots in IE right now so we disabled them in IE. If you want them you can use any other browser and they will show up until we get that fixed.

Forum Back Button:
    Can you give any more info on this? I'm running IE6 and I don't seem to have the back issue. I've been trying to duplicate the bug all day to fix it. Also OS version would be wonderful along with any error screens or messages would be great if you just want to send me a private message on here with that info. Then I might be able to get it tracked down and fixed.

7. Homer

Homer
    Expand Collapse

Normally I live by the rule "if it ain't broke don't fix it". However, having said that, I really like this new make over. I drop in nearly every evening just to read the mail and see if I can add any information about some one's qusestion. This is certainly attractive and Mr. Webmaster, my head hurts when I think about how much time you spent constructing this very necessary site for RVers. Thanks ~~~ Homer

8. Yorkieluvr

Yorkieluvr
    Expand Collapse

Great new look! I love poking around and discovering new tools.

I too am having the problem with the browers back button (IE6). There's no error message, it just doesn't go anywhere. Luckily you can click on the tool bar along the top to get back to the main forum or home pages.

We appreciate all your hard work!

9. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

It must just be affecting some users because I use explorer and am not having any trouble with the back key. I love the new look.

10. RVman3252

RVman3252
    Expand Collapse

I like it!

Although I do not post in the forum that often, I do stop by and check the reviews... Was I ever shocked at the new look. I haven't checked it out totally, but I have to say "Great Job"...

Thanks!

RVman

11. Kevin & Terri C.

Kevin & Terri C.
    Expand Collapse

Will add one more, "looks great, and thank you for all the time & effort"!! :D

I, too, cannot get the *back* button to work. Strictly on the forum, no problem on the campgrounds portion, or submitting a review. I'm also using IE 6.0.

Terri C.

12. pjtjmn

pjtjmn
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jtrimmer @ May 8 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]4160[/snapback]

QUOTE(pjtjmn @ May 8 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]4157[/snapback]

Hi -

Well you can still do that pretty much. Just use the previous and next city buttons at the top of each city page to go onto the next. It will be in the same order by city that the old site use to be. They are just now grouped by city to save our dialup users some headaches. Those full state listings use to be around 10 megs on some states. For broadband users that is nothing but for 56k ouch :D

Ohh....yeah... dial up is not fun! I can relate to that!!

But... It still would be nice to have the *Option* to convert the individual states back to all of them grouped together.. It really helped me quickly spot the standouts--- good and bad!

Still I like having a place to find reviews... but, I LOVED having a place to find them all grouped together in one place. I even remember thinking back then how I would have preferred being able to group several states together, and start from there!

13. Lynnwagoner

Lynnwagoner
    Expand Collapse

I really, really like the new format. Much better!!!! I use this site almost exclusively for planning my trips because I trust the reviews. Keep up the good work.

14. Yorkieluvr

Yorkieluvr
    Expand Collapse

The back button seems to be working now! Thanks!

15. Donna P

Donna P
    Expand Collapse

This site has alway been great but now I have a hard time seeing the list of reviews. :( Too small and hard to line up. My eyes aren't that great. I also liked the number ratings with the thumbs up or down instead of the stars cause I can't really see them. Maybe put the city next to the name of the camp ground and then the stars would be easier to see. :blink: