Satellite Tv Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MelindaK, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MelindaK

MelindaK
    Expand Collapse

An update to my original question. After all the valuable information you have provided plus some research on my part and much consideration I choose the Dish network with the Tailgater satellite. Mainly because I can stop and start the service for longer than 6 months. However, I have run into an issue I hope you can help me with. My flat screen TV is installed in an entertainment center and I cannot see the bracket that holds the TV in place. Is there a way to connect the cables without removing the TV from the bracket? There is a Winegard plug/outlet to the side of the TV. Is there a way to connect TV to Satellite and still have access to TV via travel trailer antenna? By the way, I have a 30 ft Colorado travel trailer by Dutchmen.

Melinda

2. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MelindaK @ Dec 16 2012, 12:50 AM) [snapback]32190[/snapback]

An update to my original question. After all the valuable information you have provided plus some research on my part and much consideration I choose the Dish network with the Tailgater satellite. Mainly because I can stop and start the service for longer than 6 months. However, I have run into an issue I hope you can help me with. My flat screen TV is installed in an entertainment center and I cannot see the bracket that holds the TV in place. Is there a way to connect the cables without removing the TV from the bracket? There is a Winegard plug/outlet to the side of the TV. Is there a way to connect TV to Satellite and still have access to TV via travel trailer antenna? By the way, I have a 30 ft Colorado travel trailer by Dutchmen.
    Melinda

I don`t know about all of them. But on our trailer satellite will not work through the WindGard out side plug for cable. We have two TV`s and what I did was take the wall mounted Windgard out and took the wire from my out side fitting and installed a fitting through the plastic wall plate under the booster then run a antenna cable and satellite cable to my dish box and your TV cable from the dish box to the TV that was running to the wall. That way I have antanna or satellite in the living area and antenna in the bed room. Also you can use a three way plug or switch made for it and run satellite to the bed room buy cutting off the antenna booster. But it will be the same station you are watching on the other TV.

3. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

if you have one TV.Run your cable to the out side to the new fitting in the wall mount face. Your antenna cable and the a cable to the dish box then your TV cable to the dish box.To watch over the air just turn you dish box off and you TV antenna booster on and you are set.

4. LeClair's

LeClair's
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know where we could have Dish installed instead of doing it ourselves? I just read all the posts about satellite dishes for RVs and which ones were preferred. Since we store our RV for 6 months we would rather go with a pay as you go plan. All of these posts were from 2012, just curious if anything new has come on the market since then to make it an easier process to hook up a satellite? Also who sells the Cube, and is it easy to install?
    Thank you!

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(LeClair's @ Mar 3 2014, 06:10 AM) [snapback]35844[/snapback]

Does anyone know where we could have Dish installed instead of doing it ourselves? I just read all the posts about satellite dishes for RVs and which ones were preferred. Since we store our RV for 6 months we would rather go with a pay as you go plan. All of these posts were from 2012, just curious if anything new has come on the market since then to make it an easier process to hook up a satellite? Also who sells the Cube, and is it easy to install?
    Thank you!

We looked into the Cube about a year ago but decided it was not for us. I think you can get them from Amazon.com. Then a few months ago we looked into the Tailgator system which is supposed to be specifically for RVers from the Dish Network. We got most of our information by calling an 800 number we found somewhere, probably from one of their advertisements. We also checked with our local Camping World which seemed pretty knowledgeable and with a local Dish retailer but they had not even heard of the RVing program . We did not purchase it either. I think one of your best bets is to search on line and then call any customer service numbers that are listed. As for installation, many RV service centers are able to do that sort of thing, but get comparisons. The costs can vary greatly.

6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

With less than $100 difference in price over the Tailgater, I would suggest considering the Winegard Pathway X2 instead for Dish satellite service. The X2 has a larger dish, meaning stronger signals with less rain fade, and also can use either the Dish western arc or eastern arc satellites, making for more aiming options than the western arc only Tailgater. Take a look at the "Dish For My RV" website for more options.

7. MelindaK

MelindaK
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(LeClair's @ Mar 3 2014, 07:10 AM) [snapback]35844[/snapback]

Thank you!

I had the guys at Camping World install my receiver for the tailgater and get everything setup. I selected the Dish Network because I could start and stop the service...there was not a 6 month requirement like Direct TV. I have had no issues with my service.