Special Fuel Prices For Rver's

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RL36, Jan 1, 2008.

1. HorizonQueen

HorizonQueen
    Expand Collapse

I have two thoughts on this matter of diesel prices versus gas prices in the US: 1. Lobbyists don't drive motorhomes or anything that may have a diesel engine. If they did the price would not be this high. 2. Could there possibly be an arrangement with OPEC and the US that keeps these gas/diesel prices soaring and large oil companies shutting down the refineries only to reduce supply and increase demand which translates into higher prices paid by the rest of us? Case in point: BP - a large refinery near Houston has had several deadly explosions in last 15 months. Yet, they have been shutting down production for so called safety improvements and other "necessary" upgrades during these same 15 months. BP is not US owned but I find it suspect. I wonder how they will explain to the wife of the man who was killed in the most recent explosion (during the holidays) exactly how this works.

Note to gwbischoff: Hope you took a picture of the defective gas pump nozzle and sent it to OSHA or anyother federal watchdog and let the manager know so he will be dumbfounded, too. ;)

2. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HorizonQueen @ Jan 22 2008, 12:04 AM) [snapback]9987[/snapback]

I have two thoughts on this matter of diesel prices versus gas prices in the US: 1. Lobbyists don't drive motorhomes or anything that may have a diesel engine. If they did the price would not be this high. 2. Could there possibly be an arrangement with OPEC and the US that keeps these gas/diesel prices soaring and large oil companies shutting down the refineries only to reduce supply and increase demand which translates into higher prices paid by the rest of us? Case in point: BP - a large refinery near Houston has had several deadly explosions in last 15 months. Yet, they have been shutting down production for so called safety improvements and other "necessary" upgrades during these same 15 months. BP is not US owned but I find it suspect. I wonder how they will explain to the wife of the man who was killed in the most recent explosion (during the holidays) exactly how this works.

Note to gwbischoff: Hope you took a picture of the defective gas pump nozzle and sent it to OSHA or anyother federal watchdog and let the manager know so he will be dumbfounded, too. ;)

I didn't take a picture,but I did fire off a letter to ExxonMobil and cc'd Mobil Speedpass and the station itself. That was over a month ago.

Would you care to hear their collective responses?

Ok, here it is:

[chirp] [chirp] [chirp] [insert other quiet sound here]

Nothing. Nada. Not "we're sorry", not "we stand behind our employee's actions", not "kiss my @$$".

Nothing.

Go ahead. Ask me again if big oil will hand out discounts for gas.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ Jan 22 2008, 02:46 PM) [snapback]9994[/snapback]

QUOTE(HorizonQueen @ Jan 22 2008, 12:04 AM) [snapback]9987[/snapback]

I didn't take a picture,but I did fire off a letter to ExxonMobil and cc'd Mobil Speedpass and the station itself. That was over a month ago.

Would you care to hear their collective responses?

Ok, here it is:

[chirp] [chirp] [chirp] [insert other quiet sound here]

Nothing. Nada. Not "we're sorry", not "we stand behind our employee's actions", not "kiss my @$$".

Nothing.

Go ahead. Ask me again if big oil will hand out discounts for gas.

Just a thought, maybe they were just to busy to reply, as they were counting their profits. Surely a sad state of affairs, the fuel situation, that our elected representatives have allowed to occur, (over the years). They should be very proud of themselves !!!

4. gsbogart

gsbogart
    Expand Collapse

5. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

For all of you sitting on the edge of your seats wondering what response I've gotten from ExxonMobil, I've included it in the text below.

And I quote:

"

"

6. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ Mar 11 2008, 05:22 PM) [snapback]10696[/snapback]

For all of you sitting on the edge of your seats wondering what response I've gotten from ExxonMobil, I've included it in the text below.

And I quote:

"
    "

The silence speaks "volumes" doesn't it......

7. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

I was feelin' all nostalgic and everything and decided to look through some old posts and I found this one.

I harkened back to yester-year and yearned for the day, way back in January of '08, when I could fill up my Suburban for the ol'-tyme sum of $100.

Six months later and it's $165 and climbing.

Ah yes. Good times. Good times.

8. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ Jun 25 2008, 12:17 PM) [snapback]12058[/snapback]

I harkened back to yester-year and yearned for the day, way back in January of '08, when I could fill up my Suburban for the ol'-tyme sum of $100.

Six months later and it's $165 and climbing.

Ah yes. Good times. Good times.

I tried to make it less painless by filling up when tank reaches half empty...... ONE HUNDRED FREAKING DOLLARS FOR HALF A TANK?????? Two years ago, $100 filled the entire tank! I almost lost it in my pants on that!

JJ

9. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

:eek: We have friends here from N Ca and they are heading back home next week from NC. They said its going to cost them about $3000 dollars in diesel fuel just to get back. "OUCH"!!! This is there last trip in there MH they said its to expensive, SAD!!! :(

10. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Glad to see my boycott had its desired effect:

11. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

:( Poor Exxon! :( This is how they look at us......... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..suckers....!!!

12. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

Here's what we do when we can - we're Costco members and have gotten in the habit of going to Costco's website & see if there are any Costcos with gas in the area , or on the route we're taking to our next destination. We don't go too far out of our way to find a Costco, but we do make a concerted effort to seek them out - have found it much less expensive than anywhere else! :)

Suzanne & Brad
    www.campingandtravels.blogspot.com