Starting a new section

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Big Ben, Nov 29, 2005.

1. hrrvr

hrrvr
    Expand Collapse

A park manager's position: I don't advertise the extended stay rates in our flyer or on the web site, as I have several "packages" to choose from. This is easier to explain in person, on the phone, or in an e-mail. Our monthly rates range from $320 to $395, depending on size of unit and certain amenities wanted. Once I find out the size and type of RV, I can recommend a "package" that will fit the Rver's needs. I also have specials going at different times of the year.

If I posted my monthly rates on the web site, and so does Brand X down the street, and his rates are $25/month less than mine, I may never have the opportunity to sell you on why my facility is better than Brand X. By keeping it as a "Call for Monthly Rates", I have the chance to explain all the amenities of our facility and help you understand why there is a difference between a 4 star park and a 5 star resort.

2. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

HRRVR, your point is well taken, however, let say that your competitor(s) is/are quoting the monthly rates and you don't, the people looking for accommodation will be more inclined to go where the conditions are spelled out instead of risking a surprise upon arrival.
    You have also to understand that calling the RV Resort for enquiry is costing money and many persons could not or are not willing to spend money just for an enquire.
    I understand your dilemma, however if I may advance a suggestion, you should quote a minimum and maximum rates in your add specifying that the exact amount will be based on the number of options desired by the RVer. and on top of that, you should add your contact with an 800 number or an E-mail for further information.
    I hope you are not offended since I am not trying to teach you how to run your business but unless you include some appealing notes in your add, most people will not be attracted to your resort.
    Furthermore, most snowbirds are retired people living on a fixed income and if they can establish in advance the cost of their vacation it will be more than an asset.
    Please don't kill me, it is just an idea ;)