State maps on iPad still not working?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by EZgoin', Apr 8, 2018.

1. EZgoin'

EZgoin'
    Expand Collapse

i would still like to know why there has been no progress on getting the state maps to work properly on the iPad! Clicking on an individual state to search for campgrounds still does NOTHING! I don’t think this feature has worked since iOS 10 was introduced, and we are now on iOS 11.3. Is there ANY hope on fixing this issue???

Frustrated User

2. Simonjj111

Simonjj111
    Expand Collapse

How about purchasing the Good Sam atlas at Camping World not everything is going to be on your tablet

3. EZgoin'

EZgoin'
    Expand Collapse

It used to work fine on my tablet, but when this website “upgraded” their software it no longer works. It’s just frustrating. Especially since there has never been any response to the issue.

4. MikeWaka

MikeWaka
    Expand Collapse

That's sad to hear. Still doesn't work until now?

5. EZgoin'

EZgoin'
    Expand Collapse

The problem is evidently with Apples Safari browser. In another thread it was suggested to download the Chrome browser, and everything works fine using it.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

It was also suggested that if you click on "show full website" (or whatever the exact wording is) resolves the problem.

7. jason boland

jason boland
    Expand Collapse

If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  8. Webmstr

Webmstr
    Expand Collapse

Well, both websites campgroundreviews.com and RV Life work very good using our iPad. We have an iPad Pro 9.7-inch using software version 14.4.2. We also have a RV Life app on our iPad.

9. NordicVetMBA

NordicVetMBA
    Expand Collapse

I had planned to use my iPad as a GPS device in the motorhome. It doesn't seem to track the location or movement. It has the "maps" downloaded for offline use - but seems to only be able to look at it like a fancy atlas?

10. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

If you are using the maps offline, your position on the road may not be displayed. You will be able to use those maps "atlas style" however and more importantly you can follow your preplanned trips avoiding low clearances and other hazards. The offline use option is designed as a fail-safe for those times when cell service is not available. If your ipad has active service you should see nav movement on the page.

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.