The "General Chat" forum

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Seashell 777,

It would be better if you posted this as a new topic down below in the main section of topics. I think you would get more responses there.

2. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know the legal way to be told to leave from an rv park when your rent has been paid..can they give you less that 24 hour notice?

Your answer would really depend on the state (and perhaps local) laws concerning tennant/landlord and likely hotel/motel rental rules. We own short term rental property in FL and have asked people to leave early even though they paid in advance. Sometimes they get refunds, sometimes not depending on amount of damage. Sometimes the rental termination is amicable, sometimes local LE needs to be involved. The reason for booting (happens very rarely) normally involves damaging,illegal, immoral, or other behavior not allowed in the rental agreement(neighbors complaining a lot, drugs, working on cars in driveway, etc). This is really a question where you need sound legal advice.

3. nmunozjr

nmunozjr
    Expand Collapse

Not sure where to post this question, but I thought that a response to you may be appropriate. Where does one go if you've reviewed a park in a prior year but wish to update after a later visit?

Nick

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Our guidelines state that a member must wait 90 days before submitting another review for a particular park. If it is past this time period and you have stayed at the park again, all you need to do is use the "Submit Review" form to write another review.

5. nmunozjr

nmunozjr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jun 8 2011, 10:08 AM) [snapback]26362[/snapback]

Our guidelines state that a member must wait 90 days before submitting another review for a particular park. If it is past this time period and you have stayed at the park again, all you need to do is use the "Submit Review" form to write another review.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

6. norcalrockhunter

norcalrockhunter
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(nmunozjr @ Jun 8 2011, 04:22 PM) [snapback]26363[/snapback]

Thanks for the prompt reply.

this is a test

7. RockyandBullwinkle

RockyandBullwinkle
    Expand Collapse

Today I posted our 116th RV park review and when it was published I noticed that this website had edited my review for no apparent reason. What was deleted from my review was not objectionable in any way and I cannot imagine why some content was deleted. I need to hear a response from this webmaster here and I want my review published in its original form or I will no longer participate on this website.

8. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

QUOTE(PandM @ Jun 21 2012, 10:57 PM) [snapback]29797[/snapback]

Today I posted our 116th RV park review and when it was published I noticed that this website had edited my review for no apparent reason. What was deleted from my review was not objectionable in any way and I cannot imagine why some content was deleted. I need to hear a response from this webmaster here and I want my review published in its original form or I will no longer participate on this website.

I was the one who edited your review. I can't remember exactly what I took out, but if you resubmit your original review to one of the moderators then they can take a second look at it and decide if your original submission can be left the way you sent it.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

PandM,

You are welcome to send a copy of your original review to me through our Personal Message system and I will see that it gets to the appropriate admin.

10. Wydglide

Wydglide
    Expand Collapse

Why do the people have to berate campgrounds because of no WIFI or too many kids or no cable?
    That's not what camping is about. I actually go to campgrounds that I see are reviewed by
    "RV'ers/Motorhomes". Old people with nothing to do but complain about families having fun.

This website needs to make a section called "OLD PEOPLE COMPLAINTS".

Then I would avoid that section so I can objectively make a decision on a campground.

Just my 2 cents if it gets posted. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Wydglide @ Jul 14 2012, 10:09 PM) [snapback]30039[/snapback]

Why do the people have to berate campgrounds because of no WIFI or too many kids or no cable?
    That's not what camping is about. I actually go to campgrounds that I see are reviewed by
    "RV'ers/Motorhomes". Old people with nothing to do but complain about families having fun.

This website needs to make a section called "OLD PEOPLE COMPLAINTS".

Then I would avoid that section so I can objectively make a decision on a campground.

Just my 2 cents if it gets posted. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are entitled to your opinion. If you see a review that you feel was unjust, and you have stayed at the park, write a review.

To many, RVing is a whole lot different than camping. The range in services and amenities stretches from a piece of dirt where one can pitch a tent with a bit of bush for a bathroom to a luxury "resort" complete with pool, golf course, planned activities etc. Different strokes for different folks.

If your wants are simple you will be easy to please. If one is paying for a service, one expects to be able to use said service. To many people Wifi is a must. Users are demanding that it be available. If a park advertises it, it becomes part of the agreement a guest and the operator enter into. The same with a pool etc.

Folks here complain about the lack of services that they pay for and expect to enjoy. Without these objective observances, other folks would be oblivious to the pitfalls waiting for them. That is what a review is all about. There are some folks who do vent without justification. It is up to you to "read" and make your judgement accordingly. You then have an opportunity to make an educated choice where to spend your money.

I doubt if all of the complaints made on this site are by "old" people. But even if they were, they are just trying to give YOU fair warning.

Please unroll your eyes. You will do better venturing into the world with them wide open.

12. Wydglide

Wydglide
    Expand Collapse

I can tell just by the tone of your response you are one of the "I want my demands met or else".
    Because someone rates a CAMPGROUND negatively due to no WiFi, that is not an accurate or fair review of the facility itself. These people need to simply stay at the "Resort Style RV Parks" and not at campgrounds. I have been traveling all of my life since I was a kid. I have stayed at many of the places that have gotten less than a 5 by Motorhome travelers.
    I have to say, 9 out of 10 times, it has been the complete opposite of their post.
    I'm all for the fact that if you pay for something, you best get it but don't go to a CAMPGROUND and be disappointed if they do not have the luxury amenities you demand.
    By the way, I never DEMAND anything. I am polite and I ask.

13. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

Because someone rates a CAMPGROUND negatively due to no WiFi, that is not an accurate or fair review of the facility itself.......I'm all for the fact that if you pay for something, you best get it but don't go to a CAMPGROUND and be disappointed if they do not have the luxury amenities you demand.

Sorry, I thought this website was rv park reviews, not campground reviews. I agree there is a difference, but I think most of us are here looking for rv park information. I personally gave up camping years ago, except for our once a year canoe/backpack trip with the kids and grandkids.

14. Wydglide

Wydglide
    Expand Collapse

I agree the site IS RV Park Reviews. Another foot in mouth case.
    If it is RV Park only, stop rating campgrounds on this site then, correct?
    In your own words "I thought this website was RV Park Reviews".

Too many people here who just aren't happy unless they complain about something, Too many kids, no WiFi, no cable etc. I will no longer support this website along with many, many other CAMPERS.
    Fewer hits means fewer advertisers means won't last long.

I have never stayed at a place that caters to the "older crowd" so it would be appreciated if the complainers (RV'ers and Motorhomers) didn't stay at Campgrounds geared toward families.

Or at least don't write a bad review just because you don't like kids and families having fun.

Lastly, this is my opinion and view just as yours is and the other responder to my post.

15. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Wydglide @ Jul 16 2012, 12:53 PM) [snapback]30069[/snapback]

I agree the site IS RV Park Reviews. Another foot in mouth case.
    If it is RV Park only, stop rating campgrounds on this site then, correct?
    In your own words "I thought this website was RV Park Reviews".

Too many people here who just aren't happy unless they complain about something, Too many kids, no WiFi, no cable etc. I will no longer support this website along with many, many other CAMPERS.
    Fewer hits means fewer advertisers means won't last long.

I have never stayed at a place that caters to the "older crowd" so it would be appreciated if the complainers (RV'ers and Motorhomers) didn't stay at Campgrounds geared toward families.

Or at least don't write a bad review just because you don't like kids and families having fun.

Lastly, this is my opinion and view just as yours is and the other responder to my post.

Wydglide, you are entitled to your opinion. This will be my final reply to anything you post as it appears you are just a flamer. By your own words you don't like people complaining but this is exactly what you are doing.

"Too many people here who just aren't happy unless they complain about something"

Good bye, enjoy your life.

16. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(JDOLLEN @ Jul 16 2012, 08:17 PM) [snapback]30077[/snapback]

Wydglide, you are entitled to your opinion. This will be my final reply to anything you post as it appears you are just a flamer. By your own words you don't like people complaining but this is exactly what you are doing.

"Too many people here who just aren't happy unless they complain about something"
    Good bye, enjoy your life.

As important as the ratings are, to me the comments and reasons are more important. Someone gives a park a 10 and then tells us the reason is all the long term guests have a pot luck dinner and the neighbor cooked a great brisket, fine. But that doesn't really mean the park is right for me. If they give it a 1 and say it is not kid friendly, that might just sell me on the park. Complaining is an American Tradition, ascertaining the facts and their impacts on me is sometimes an art.

17. Wydglide

Wydglide
    Expand Collapse

Finally a response that makes sense. I did not know that this forum was for personal attacks either J. You have shown your true colors and just how low you can go.
    Thank you kc for explaining it in a different way.

18. Denise#2

Denise#2
    Expand Collapse

Hey I'm going to Carlsbad, New Mexico and IV called every RV park and campground and all were full do u know of any where there might be openings? I did get a hold of brantley lake state park and booked a site for 2 nights but I'm looking for something more long term my old man and I are up here for a job and need full hook ups dose anyone have any suggestions ?

19. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(joez @ Jul 15 2012, 04:33 PM) [snapback]30052[/snapback]

Sorry, I thought this website was rv park reviews, not campground reviews. I agree there is a difference, but I think most of us are here looking for rv park information. I personally gave up camping years ago, except for our once a year canoe/backpack trip with the kids and grandkids.

Ummm, sorry to rain on your gramatical parade, but if you go to the top of your browser and type in https://www.campgroundreviews.com/, or type in https://www.campgroundreviews.com/, you end up at this site.

20. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

There must be more to the story. If you already paid up to a certain day, I don't believe they could ask you to leave early, unless there was some rule broken or etc. I really do not know the rule to this issue. Did they give you a reason?