This Is Soooooo Wrong!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Beastdriver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

not getting into the personalities of the people involved. -There are miserable and cheap people everywhere. My question concerns debit card charges. This doesnt seem right. I have used my debit card all over the country for all kinds of things and never had a big charge added to the bill for using it. I recognize that there is generaly a 3-5% charge by the bank to the merchant but most consicer this the price of doing business. We had a retail business for many years and i have never heard of such big fees. Also have used several credit cards for campground fees with no problem.

2. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Talking about, soooo wrong.

We had a incident some time ago as to the additional fee charged for use of credit/debit card when paying for our campground fee at the Lake Placid, New York KOA. We complained to the owner, and we must not have been alone in our complaint, and the charge was not used again, at least not to us.

NOTE: Gasoline has jumped 27 plus cents per gallon in the last ten days. Go's up nickels and dimes of increase, and drops pennies, when that does happen. Can't wait to hear their lame brain reason for the increase--what a joke, but it's not funny !!! 3\03\07 gas was $ 2.679.

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Butch: I know what you mean about gasoline and diesel prices. At the first sign of warm weather, they jumped about ten to fifteen cents a gallon here in Florida. Another example of the Best Congress Money Can Buy. And, every night, I'm sitting here watching tv commercials on what good friends to American the Venezuelans are, giving us reduced price oil and helping out our people, etc. etc.

On the original subject of this site, doesn't anybody find it unusual that the person who posted the originial very critical post on the KOA in Puebo (which has resulted in almost 1,000 viewings of this discussion site), has yet to come forward and try to defend his or her position? He or she has not once said "Yes, I posted this comment and I stand behind it" or "Yes, I guess I overreacted a bit." I have no way of knowing for sure, but I suspect this person joined this site, made one post (a torpedo), and shall never be heard from again. This is Soooooooooooo wrong.

4. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

We try and get out once a month or every couple of month's depending on work and i have reviewed the places I have gone to and so far haven't been to anyplace really bad yet, in most part thanks to this site. But I'll tell you, I sure hope if I ever do post a bad review of a park you don't think I'm going to come back and defend myself or my review, I shouldn't have to. I try to be honest weather you like it or not.

Again just my opinion,

5. denbroncs

denbroncs
    Expand Collapse

This has been an interesting thread. On one hand, you have an unhappy, vindictive, venomous individual who is out to character assassinate, ruin a business, and do all in their power to destroy a families livelihood. They had a bad experience therefore, (in their opinion) all things about the campground and people are evil. On the other hand, you have an owner or manager that posts a favorable review about their own camp. Although both of the above are wrong, I have a hard time considering them equal. Nobody should post a review about their own business. If you do things right, the reviews should speak for themselves. However, if a harsh review filled with nothing but lies or half-truths is posted I understand the need to respond.

6. tinybluetj

tinybluetj
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to read other reviews posted by the same reviewer? If you read a bad review, and could check the "attitudes" of the poster's other reviews, that might help authenticate the review.

For instance, if I read a really "bad sounding" review, and I see that that poster always leaves really "bad" reviews, then I know that that review may not be reliable (or the poor guy has terrible luck! :p ). However, if I read a really bad sounding review, and look and see that the poster's other reviews seem fair, then I would know that this review is probably accurate. ^_^

I do like the fact that the reviews are anonymous, however. I don't want to be flamed for having a bad expirence at someone else's favorite park... :angry:

JMHO

7. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

As for the rise in gas prices, ours has gone up about 40 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks. We went for a fill-up at the Conoco Breakplace last night, and I went in to get a Diet Dr. Pepper and was telling the clerk how sad it is that we are being gouged when the oil companies are making record profits. He said that the oil companies are getting out of the retail business and that they have actually been sold to Circle K and will be changing their signs as soon as the new ones come in. He acted like that explained everything. Doesn't explain to me why we are paying an exhorbant price per gallon and the oil companies are lining their pockets. Of course, it would help us out if the government would do away with the 46 cents per gallon tax that we pay here...

8. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cheryl,

I guess you folks would not like Canadian fuel prices. Currently the tax on a US gallon of diesel in US funds is about $1.07 per gallon and the retail price where I live is $3.02 (US dollars). The price in Minot is about 0.50 cents cheaper per gallon.

I hope everyone is aware of http://gasbuddy.com/ At least we can search for the lowest price in an area. I wish there were a similar web page for propane.

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ Mar 5 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]6387[/snapback]

As for the rise in gas prices, ours has gone up about 40 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks.

Doesn't explain to me why we are paying an exhorbant price per gallon and the oil companies are lining their pockets. Of course, it would help us out if the government would do away with the 46 cents per gallon tax that we pay here...

9. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(denbroncs @ Mar 5 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]6382[/snapback]

This has been an interesting thread. On one hand, you have an unhappy, vindictive, venomous individual who is out to character assassinate, ruin a business, and do all in their power to destroy a families livelihood. They had a bad experience therefore, (in their opinion) all things about the campground and people are evil. On the other hand, you have an owner or manager that posts a favorable review about their own camp. Although both of the above are wrong, I have a hard time considering them equal. Nobody should post a review about their own business. If you do things right, the reviews should speak for themselves. However, if a harsh review filled with nothing but lies or half-truths is posted I understand the need to respond.

The reviewer gave the campground a 6. There are a lot of reviews far worst . That is hardly venomous. May be they real felt that they had trouble and were trying to do us all a favor by posting it the way they did. This has been blown totally out of proportion.
    Out of the 5 other reviews two were 7s. Should we track them down also? How about the person that gave them a 10. The 6 is more in line with the other reviewer than the 10. Was the 10 reviewer being honest? Who put the 10 score on there?We need to track them down too.
    There is more than one way of looking at it.

10. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Ben:

As has often been stated, the pen is mightier than the sword. Let us say the person gave the campground a "10" but, in his or her review, said it had unlevel sites, poor management, problems with electricity, a dirty swimming pool, and untrimmed branches. Which would you go by in considering this site--the 10 or the narrative? Many, many folks, on this site have said repeatedly that they pay more attention to what is written as versus the numerical ranking, and I think that is true. In the review in question, irregardless of the numerical score, the reviewer trashed these people in a malicious and misleading fashion.

11. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I use both. And if some one wrote a review as you suggested I wouldn't pay and attention to it. I know you are trying to prove your point but I just don't agree with your point.

12. sparkplugrandy

sparkplugrandy
    Expand Collapse

this has been very interesting reading.not everyone has the same expectations,so i take each review with a grain of salt .i think by not allowing all reviews,good or bad,the site is compromised and useless.

13. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Boy, I go off for three weeks and look what happen. We start out on one subject to help an RV Park out of a bad review and end up in a small war on line. The point of this site is to help other people find a nice RV park to camp in. Beastdriver did not like the review and set out to help. We all read bad reviews on this site and not all are fair. One bad review with other good reviews is a sign that person was the problem not the park. I look at all comments before we pick a park.

I hope that in the future I can help other people on this site find a nice park and not be a club member only a RV person who can help. :p

14. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, so good to see you back on the forum, althoguh I am sure you would rather still be at sea!!! You were missed.....

15. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

Yes, life at sea is all fun but our motorhome in a way is more fun. We start RV travel 3/17 from Brandon, FL. :D

16. bluejay

bluejay
    Expand Collapse

I will take life on the ship anyday! :D

17. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(bluejay @ Mar 9 2007, 10:10 PM) [snapback]6452[/snapback]
    I will take life on the ship anyday! :D

With the size of most motorhomes today you can bet they qualify as Land Yachts :D

18. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Bluejay, maybe you can get Papa John and mom to take you on the next one. I love being on a ship too, we are booked to sail to the caribbean with our best friends in 239 days (but who's counting? - Okay, I am!!!)

19. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

Ok, this is for you people who can't decide between life on the water or life in a motorhome. Check out this site. It is one interesting motorhome to say the least.

http://www.terrawind.com/terrawind.htm

20. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(COWolfPack @ Mar 11 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]6477[/snapback]
    Ok, this is for you people who can't decide between life on the water or life in a motorhome. Check out this site. It is one interesting motorhome to say the least.

http://www.terrawind.com/terrawind.htm

So COWolfPack

When are you buyimng the gang each one??? :lol: Just kidding And just when you think a guy has nothing else to buy along comes this"Land Yacht" :huh: I wonder how you'd explain it to the ins if it ever sank??