"unattended" Dogs? What Does That Mean?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by nicki, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Wadcutter

Wadcutter
    Expand Collapse

For those who think "attended to" means just keeping them inside while you're away then I'm glad you're not keeping my grandkids.
    People know what "unattended" means. Quit playing games. They are just looking for excuses so they think it will mean what they want it to mean. If you aren't there and your mutt starts barking where no one can control it then it's unattended. Coming back later and quieting down isn't attending to it. It's ignoring the problem and playing games. Attending to means more than just keeping in the cool with water.

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

This subject has been beat dead. Those of us who leave our dogs unattended in our RVs will not change our minds regarding whether or not we should, and those who say that unattended is unattended - and who can argue that logic? - will not change their minds. In the current vernacular, it is what it is. I think that we will also all agree that there are some humans who should not be left unattended in RVs either. Check with the campground and they will tell you what their interpretation of unattended is. While it is rarely seen or used regarding this subject, common sense should prevail.

3. deanintemp

deanintemp
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(fpresto @ Aug 10 2009, 09:29 PM) [snapback]18238[/snapback]

Unattended = ADJECTIVE: 1. Not being attended to, looked after, or watched; 2. Having no attendants; 3. Not being paid attention to or listened to.
    I don't see what the confusion is. It is simple English. If you are not there by definition the pet is unattended.

Were there not two dogs left in the RV in this scenario. Would they not, therefore, be attending each other? LOL

4. Farmerswife

Farmerswife
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(deanintemp @ Sep 12 2009, 12:20 PM) [snapback]18863[/snapback]

Were there not two dogs left in the RV in this scenario. Would they not, therefore, be attending each other? LOL

Thanks for the humor. It is refreshing after the huffy reply before you. Sometimes my dogs are the best company found in a park. :D

5. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(nicki @ Aug 10 2009, 10:30 AM) [snapback]18221[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking as far as seaonal campers and their dogs--surely they are not expected to take their dog EVERYWHERE with them. This particular campground was mostly seasonals, in fact while the owner was reprimanding me in was with the loud barking of other people's dogs in the background, which was what we had dealt with the entire time at this CG. I asked him if it was OK for my dogs to bark wildly as long as they were attended, such was the case at that very given moment we were having this discussion, and he said the barking was coming from another place, not his CG, which was ridiculous, but besides all this, I see the "No dogs to be left unattended" rule at probably most CG's we stay at, so now I am wondering what that means in the eyes of a CG owner. In fact we stayed at one CG where that was the rule, but they offered a dog-walking service for if you were to be away all day, so of course in that owner's eyes they expected dogs to be left in campers, and even found a way to make a few bucks off of it. Fine with me, that's a great service to offer in my opinion. I just wish I could hear from a CG owner to interpret this rule. Is it an insurance thing? Or just a preference, so dogs won't be left barking inside the campers all day? Do CG owners really expect dogs to never ever be left inside a camper with no one home?

.Nicki, Even if I understand your action, I have to concur with the opposed comments, the solution would be, if you have a friendly neighbor and he/she stays there when you go for a trip, why don't you ask him/her to take care if your pet if anything should happen.
    This interaction would only be appropriate in case of power failure or …..???? whichever thing happens it is only a case of an emergency.
    Furthermore, if you don’t have a reputable neighbor, you may leave your keys to the office and eventually pay a fee for it.