Walmart Parking???

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by bluedurango, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Barbara42

Barbara42
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: I am new to this RV park discussion, and I enjoyed reading all about Walmart over
    night camping,I had no idea people stayed in Walmart parking lots on a regular basis, reminds me of our x-country we did in 2005, we were very tired and hungry and could not find a campground just over the line from Illinois to Indiana, we stopped finally at a Cracker Barrel to have some dinner, we asked everyone if there was a campground in the area, no one knew anything, we plugged the area in to our GPS and it found one 50 miles out of our way, so we had to drive 50 more miles out of our way,and arrived at this campground around 9pm, checked in, had to pay
    full price, and parked with the freeway behind us and railroad tracks with a most regular train running in front of us. Walmart where were you? If we had only known..... you can be sure on our upcoming trip in April if we find ourselves in this situation again, we will find a Walmart.

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Barbara,

What makes your story even more ironic is that some Cracker Barrel's allow overnight stays! Be sure to check out the walmarts that don't allow stays!

I hope your family has a wonderful summer of camping.

QUOTE(Barbara42 @ Feb 18 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]6140[/snapback]

:rolleyes: I am new to this RV park discussion, and I enjoyed reading all about Walmart over
    night camping,I had no idea people stayed in Walmart parking lots on a regular basis, reminds me of our x-country we did in 2005, we were very tired and hungry and could not find a campground just over the line from Illinois to Indiana, we stopped finally at a Cracker Barrel to have some dinner, we asked everyone if there was a campground in the area, no one knew anything, we plugged the area in to our GPS and it found one 50 miles out of our way, so we had to drive 50 more miles out of our way,and arrived at this campground around 9pm, checked in, had to pay
    full price, and parked with the freeway behind us and railroad tracks with a most regular train running in front of us. Walmart where were you? If we had only known..... you can be sure on our upcoming trip in April if we find ourselves in this situation again, we will find a Walmart.