Weather Woes

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Texasrvers, Mar 29, 2007.

1. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Great thread.

We pulled into Ruby's Inn at the gate of Bryce Canyon in UT seconds before a "hundred year" storm hit. As I checked in, I could heard the thunder getting louder and louder. It began sprinkling on the way to our site and just as I got the trailer hooked up it announced its presence with authority. Lighting struck a few yards from our site. Wind and hail made it sound like someone was frying bacon on our roof. We're from So. Cal. so rain is a rarity for us so we weren't aware that one of our roof vents leaked. Until then. I had to climb up on top of my Suburban (not the greatest idea with lightning about) to secure a tarp over our vent to prevent the deluge from coming inside.

We had it better than the tenters, tho.

2. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of which, we just got back from Arizona and had to deal with the summer "monsoon" season. Has anyone had to deal with lightning strikes and the accompanying problem with shorted out appliances?

I know at home we've had problems with computers/tv's/air conditioning shorting out.