What Makes You A Happy Camper

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Happy Camper X2, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

Camping Mer, all good things in my book. Some don't like anything more than a spot but I do like things like you have listed.

2. tiffinman

tiffinman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(GaryWT @ Jul 16 2014, 04:31 PM) [snapback]37306[/snapback]

Camping Mer, all good things in my book. Some don't like anything more than a spot but I do like things like you have listed.

AND.....it must be a LEVEL SPOT.

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Being able to get out there makes me happy.

If there is any water at the CG (river, lake, ocean), then my kids have all the activities we need.

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

For us staying at a park or campground next to or near to a river or lake is nicer than staying at some upscale "resort" next to an interstate or high traffic roadway, etc. Two of our favorite places so that we've stayed at so far are Camp Gilbert Ray just southwest of Tucson, right out in the desert and JGW south of Redding, CA. right on the Sacramento river. When we toss out the anchor at either of these two, we simply don't ever want to leave. Back in Feb. of 2012 while at CGR camapground it snowed for a day and it was incredibly beautiful with all the cactus and desert coverd in about two inches of snow. Next day the sun came out and by noon it was all gone and we were basking in the upper 70s. Ahh yes, when that happens, life is very, very good.................. :D