Where do you advertise?

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by DottieinOR, Nov 3, 2022.

1. DottieinOR

DottieinOR
    Expand Collapse

Hi All,
    We have just 2 (soon to be 3) 50amp sites in a small summer resort area here in Oregon. We want to target the retirees as we are ourselves. Where would you advertise? These will be monthly (seasonal) sites. TIA

mdcamping likes this.
  2. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Craigslist and any local resource that has an internet presence. Often there is a community newsletter from the Chamber of Commerce that accepts ads. You may also want to check with the local RV parks to see if they have to turn away seasonal guests due to availability.

mdcamping likes this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Also check with management on this site to see what the rules are to have your park added to the database without any reviews. I use this site first, to find the next place to stay, and then check Google next, if I dont get much results.

mdcamping likes this.
  4. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

I believe there is a minimum size requirement in order for parks to be listed. To me, that is a good thing. If such a rule didn’t exist the site would rapidly become a huge mess of VRBO type accommodations. I don’t think too many RVers would want to search for a park at their destination and have to wade thru hundreds of listings of people who will allow you to park in their driveway for a fee.

Rollin Ollens likes this.