Who Reads Every New Review?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Webmaster, Mar 18, 2007.

?

Do you read every new review?

1. Yes, I never miss one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I try, but can't keep up.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I just browse the site and read that way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. donnagrein

donnagrein
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Mar 18 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]6553[/snapback]

I am just curious as to how many people read every NEW review that's posted on the site? And I'm trying out the poll feature of the forums.

I read the ones from the areas that I am interested in visiting or have visited.

Donna

2. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

I read the new ones in my area but not all of them. I di check out some of the low rated reviews, it is interesting to see what people do not like.

3. popup6

popup6
    Expand Collapse

I do check out the places I have been to and see if they are inline with my experience and check out the reviews for places I am planning on heading toward to see who they rate on a whole.

4. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

I just found this site recently and love it! Mostly I am looking at places where I have visited or plan to visit. Just too many to read them all.
    Jurhee

5. mrhddh

mrhddh
    Expand Collapse

I scan to see if there are reviews in my area, or of specific parks that I am interested in staying at. I don't have the time to read everything.

I also check reviews at parks that I have stayed at so that I can guage how I am reviewing a park.

6. ric&trac

ric&trac
    Expand Collapse

I have been reading some since I found this site (about 6 months ago). I primarily use the site to research areas I will be traveling to, as well as reading up on some I have already visited. On top of that I periodically read random reviews, just to see what others are saying and how they do so (always looking for better ways to present my ideas and opinions). :D

7. hdnelson

hdnelson
    Expand Collapse

But I should clarify.

Yes...I read ALL the new reviews. For my state.

8. Jay Rutherford

Jay Rutherford
    Expand Collapse

I submitted a review, but it never showed up anywhere. I followed all the grammatical rules.

Why hasn't my review showed up?

Jay

9. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jay,

You need three reviews before any will show up. Was that the first one?

10. Meanderman

Meanderman
    Expand Collapse

I scan the new reviews almost daily to see those in my area of interest, usually two months out of our projected travel. We're full timers and rely on your site for almost every decision; we rarely stay somewhre that has not been reviewed. Your site and Wal-Mart are the best friends we have! Keep up the great work!

11. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely love reading the low rated reviews. Some of them make me burst out laughing, while saying to myself "thank God that wasn't me!".
    So when I check the home page, I skim for the low reviews first, then any others that happen to catch my eye.

12. shannons

shannons
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Mar 18 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]6553[/snapback]

I am just curious as to how many people read every NEW review that's posted on the site? And I'm trying out the poll feature of the forums.

I look at the new postings but unless it is from my area or from somewhere we might be going I don't read them all.

13. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I've started reading all the new reviews with 1/2 or 1 star. It's interesting to see how folks who are unhappy react.

It appears that the worst thing a campground owner can do is offend the camper in any way. That seems to be the #1 complaint.

Some of the complaints seem to me to be beyond the ability of the campground to control. Acts of God such as no rain to settle dust. I guess the owner's had better learn to rain dance?

14. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

I just read one from somebody that did not like a "motor coach resort". His rig was not a coach and he could not get in and he was mad. Gave it a 1 when everybody else had rated it a 10. In my opinion, motor coach resorts are for ---what else---motor coaches!!!

Too many people rate the parks on "emotion" rather than "facts".

I probably rate most places lower than others. I have a high end coach and am very picky. Places that were satisfactory when I had a small 5er are not satisfactory now. I will only give a 10 to places like the above mentioned motor coach resort, Outdoor Resorts (class A rigs only) and similar places. They are the top of the line. I see people give parks a 9 or 10 that I give a much lower rating.

Different kinds of places appeal to different folks.

Jurhee

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Sep 9 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]8274[/snapback]

Hi,

I've started reading all the new reviews with 1/2 or 1 star. It's interesting to see how folks who are unhappy react.

It appears that the worst thing a campground owner can do is offend the camper in any way. That seems to be the #1 complaint.

Some of the complaints seem to me to be beyond the ability of the campground to control. Acts of God such as no rain to settle dust. I guess the owner's had better learn to rain dance?

15. Testudo

Testudo
    Expand Collapse

Do you read every new review?

Not me ! (Why doesn't the poll add up to 100% ???)

16. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Check your math, 6.12, 15.31, 78.57 is 100%.

17. TT Camper

TT Camper
    Expand Collapse

When I am looking for a RV Site in the area, I try to find all the reviews for that campground. I am also looking for a review for the same season I plan to go. Some reviews are very outdated. Hoping more members will submit reviews on their visits. It's a very useful tool :D

18. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------
    Webmaster:

-----------------------------------------------------

We hit upon this site while checking out local Outdoor Resorts (Aguanga) to determine if any owners renting on the side for a better price long-term than the published rates. Have enjoyed adding our reviews and checking perceptions of others whom have stayed at the same places. Have had a hoot reading the forums! Lately, been checking to see where folks are reporting in for the winter months. Thanks for a great site! :rolleyes:

19. igor2brvn

igor2brvn
    Expand Collapse

No, I do not read every new review. Only read the new ones that apply to campgrounds visited in the past, local and regional cgs that we use regularly, and reviews of parks that we plan to visit for the first time.

What does it matter if majority do not read each new review? Each and every review should be helpful to a few or many, so a review should not be rejected just because it may not be read by most, IMHO. :)

20. Silvana

Silvana
    Expand Collapse

:) Like almost everyone else, I read the reviews on places I may be headed too, or Where we have already stayed.
    I have a suggestion for reviews. How about one for Wal Mart parking lots? Before any critisism We only stay 1 night we do not put out our awning or chairs and we shop in the store. :lol: